No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchback, I heard some sandies made it up to ham creek during the warm up last week!! I finished my fish awhile back I'm ready for more.

Comment

Yeah I have a few packages of fish left and I'll be out. Need to restock bad. Good on pork but going to try to get at least one more. If I could just get a doe before it's over!
      All I saw today was a broke off 4 point that I've seen a few times before. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Apparently the local processors have seen record low deer numbers this year. I would've loved to get a doe but my season is over now. I don't come back till 2 days after season. Here's hoping you get one switchback gl to all that are hunting

Comment

How are the hogs out at Whitney? I've seen some signs in the areas I've been hunting, but haven't actually seen any yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
            How are the hogs out at Whitney? I've seen some signs in the areas I've been hunting, but haven't actually seen any yet.
            All of the pigs on COE land near Kopperl seem to be nocturnal. I have seen 4 BIG hogs at a distance in EARLY morning hours on the way to the stand but have never seen one in bow range during daytime.

While doing some scouting at Aquila last week, we walked upon a big herd of pigs that were in search of acorns and pecans at about noon.

Comment

Down to three large shot one not to long ago lots of piglets though maybe 13 or so. Walked up on them last weekend looking for recent deer sign.

Comment

You guys are letting this thread lag behind the others , I know I haven't had a chance to hunt but surely some of you are still out there getting it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  You guys are letting this thread lag behind the others , I know I haven't had a chance to hunt but surely some of you are still out there getting it done!
                  Nope it's fishing time for me..see yall next yr...I'm out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm done too getting ready for fishing season. I've got to rebuild carbs, new water pump, take motor off and put new silicone around bolt holes, and reseal gear case.

Comment

I killed a big ol fat 6.5 yoa doe Saturday evening on a gun hunt. I'ma right hander. Had to shoot her left handed cause she was on my right side 75-80 yards out. Dose that count?
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Oh Storm, I read a post yesterday about record low numbers at processor, how did ya'll do?

Comment

Oh a little teaser ..
                          From my last trip...

Comment

Nice smally Carlock! I've only caught one. And that was below the Grandbury dam back in the early 1990s while striper and sandbass fishing. Weighed 4-1/2lbs.

Comment

That's a good one my biggest is 4.5 also ..at belton
                              I catch them all the time..2# 3#s

Comment

Nice but my favorite fish are deep fried.

Comment

Working...
                                X