Info on Flaigs custom rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Flaigs custom rifle

I will soon be selling some of my fathers guns, he has a beautiful Flaigs 7mm with hand carved Mannlicher stock, says made in Austria , I know there very nice rifle but could use some help knowing more as well as value ranges if anyone here has insite it would be appritiated. Thank you, Adam Harrison

Information I found online.

"Flaig's was originally in the Northside of Pittsburgh, (East Ohio Street) then moved out to Ross Township. they advertised Millvale Pa. It was a beautiful lodge "up on the hill", over Babcock Blvd. The "Lodge" was really built like a european hunting lodge. Very German and imported lots of expensive German/Austrian guns; Ferlach doubles and drillings among others.

They had a number of great gunsmiths over the years and any job could be done.

Barrels stamped with the Flaig name could be rebarrels or guns made to customer's spec. they used a lot of '98s and FN actions.

Flaig died without children, and the business shrank. He always had a german shepard, Heidi; he was a very colorful character. Later a young couple bought it, for the name and the import rights. That lasted about 4 years, then the whole business faded into history.

I doubt that the "Flaig" name makes it collectable. I have a few rifles that had work that was done at Flaig's. BUT, the name does mean they were done right and should be very good rifles.

There are a lot of those "Flaig" rifles still floating around the Western Pensylvania area."

Comment

fallout new vegas legendary creatures

Comment

That’s beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful rifle.

Comment

Wow, that will sell. Is that a 7mag or 7 Mauser?

Comment

7mm Mag

Comment

Stunning! Love the stock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang...I need a smoke!

Comment

That appears to be a Sako action very nice work on the stock no idea of value

Comment

Thank y’all

Comment

It might help the sale to take it to the range and shoot some Factory ammo through it to see how it shoots. If it's attack driver, someone will want it and you may not want to sell it. :-) I love the mannlicher stock. That is a sweet looking rifle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X