3/4 ton gasser, gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 ton gasser, gas mileage

Really contemplating getting a 3/4 ton gasser. What are all y’all getting in yalls fords and chevys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually from 11-15. Many different motor sizes and gear ratios can affect it. Generally speaking mileage is pretty bad

Comment

15 at best

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        15 at best

What truck and what rear end in it?

Comment

15mpg at best, 2017 250. That’s with the wind at my back and no passangers ha. I usually average 13.5. I get 11mph with a 6k trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
            what truck and what rear end in it?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            18 f250

Comment

I just got rid of my 13’ F-250 CC 4x4 3:73 gears. 6.2 gas. A monthly average was right around high 10’’s low 11’s mpg. That was a combo of Hwy, City, idling, 4x4 at ranch. The best was right around 16mpg, that was running like 65mpg with wind at my back. Loved the truck and would have no problem going back to a 6.2 as I had no issues with it. I would imagine I could have gotten better if I kept my foot out of it.

Comment

I have same F250. 6.2L gas with 3.73 and get 15 not towing and 9.5 to 10 towing 8500lb travel trailer

Comment

I don't have one but will offer this. If you're trying to compare it to the diesel millage the cost per 10k miles of operation will likely be very close if not better from the gasser once you figure the price difference of fuel and higher operating cost of the diesel.

If you don't really need all that extra power it's a good option imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a 2015 Chevy 3500, single rear wheel, with the 6.0. Crew cab with an 8ft bed. I average about 13mpg.

Comment

'18 Chevy 6.0, 4:10 gears, crewcab, winch bumper, 285/70/17s, Average about 11.5-12.
                      Last edited by toledo; 01-12-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

15’ 2500HD 4WD crewcab 6.0...12-13MPG and no more.

Comment

18 2500HD 6.0 3.73 4x4 13 mpg overall

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think worrying about gas mileage is a concern if you want a 3/4 ton. I accept that I’ll get 12 mpg and just move on

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              I don’t think worrying about gas mileage is a concern if you want a 3/4 ton. I accept that I’ll get 12 mpg and just move on

[emoji106] $50k truck, $80 vs $100 per week in fuel.

Comment

Working...
                              X