View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
RF76
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Information I found online.

"Flaig's was originally in the Northside of Pittsburgh, (East Ohio Street) then moved out to Ross Township. they advertised Millvale Pa. It was a beautiful lodge "up on the hill", over Babcock Blvd. The "Lodge" was really built like a european hunting lodge. Very German and imported lots of expensive German/Austrian guns; Ferlach doubles and drillings among others.

They had a number of great gunsmiths over the years and any job could be done.

Barrels stamped with the Flaig name could be rebarrels or guns made to customer's spec. they used a lot of '98s and FN actions.

Flaig died without children, and the business shrank. He always had a german shepard, Heidi; he was a very colorful character. Later a young couple bought it, for the name and the import rights. That lasted about 4 years, then the whole business faded into history.

I doubt that the "Flaig" name makes it collectable. I have a few rifles that had work that was done at Flaig's. BUT, the name does mean they were done right and should be very good rifles.

There are a lot of those "Flaig" rifles still floating around the Western Pensylvania area."
RF76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top