2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
    I don’t think that Troy was a better qb, to be honest. His numbers aren’t close. He had an all time great running back, a hall of fame wide receiver, a very good tight end, and arguably one of the 2 or 3 best O-lines in NFL history with him on offense. He also had a decent defense backing him up, and some coaches who could coach. It’s scary to think of what Romo could’ve done with talent like that around him.

It’s all about the “numbers” with the fantasy football generation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t think that Troy was a better qb, to be honest. His numbers aren’t close. He had an all time great running back, a hall of fame wide receiver, a very good tight end, and arguably one of the 2 or 3 best O-lines in NFL history with him on offense. He also had a decent defense backing him up, and some coaches who could coach. It’s scary to think of what Romo could’ve done with talent like that around him.

You’ve got a pretty good argument there. Aikman did spend about 5 of his seasons with a far superior team than Romo ever had. The gap in their careers wasn’t a lot, but they played in two totally different eras as far as the rules were. Roger Staubach is at the top and Aikman and Romo could be 2A and 2B.

Comment

How bout them cowboys?

Comment

kinda agree, and I shudder at what Barry Sanders could have done with that o'line.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            So is Lebron James, JJ Watt, Johnny Manziel, Eric Crouch, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams and about 100,000 other people. But there haven't been 20 QUARTERBACKS who were better than Tony Romo in the history of the NFL.... and I am NOT a Cowboys fan. There is so much more to being under center in the NFL than athleticism. Dak lacks the poise that Romo had in spades.
            Pretty sure Dak can’t carry Romo’s jockstrap out of the locker room even today.

Comment

Dallas will never be a true contender again til Jerry gets rid of his red headed step child he calls his puppet head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Dallas will never be a true contender again til Jerry gets rid of his red headed step child he calls his puppet head coach.
                Couldn’t have said it any better

But it was not only Dak that looked terrible today it was the whole team. Zeke only getting 2 to 3 yds at a time most carries, Sean lee didn’t have his best game by far and yes the offensive line is definitely banged up

Comment

Defense was ok but can we fast forward to next year this could be a pretty bad one there is a lot of problems on offense

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    It’s all about the “numbers” with the fantasy football generation...

It’s almost unfair to compare their results considering that Aikman was surrounded by one of the most complete teams in NFL history for a good chunk of his career, and Romo had a pretty good team around him for about 2 seasons. I get that Aikman won championships. I’d simply argue that Romo keeping so many of those bad cowboys teams above .500 was a more impressive accomplishment than Aikman winning championships with those teams around him. Early 90s Dallas was so complete that probably half the QBs in the league at the time could’ve won superbowls had they played for the cowboys.
                    Last edited by bullets13; 09-09-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

As a lifelong Cowboys Fan...I’m really looking forward to the draft.

Comment

Just another page in the loser yearbook.

Comment

How bout dem Packers! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                            How bout dem Packers! [emoji23]

Bear fans were fired up that they were beating Kizer like a stepchild (or Cowboys Offense) lol

Comment

yall see that amazon show like hard knocksbut it was on amazon a couple years ago when dallas has that really bad season or was that this year lmaoooo but no really garrett is really bad he isnt a coach he just goes thru the motions when I watched it it was really easy to see the coach is the problem how does no body see that did anyone watch this show

Comment

Relax fellas, it's all part of 'the process'.

Comment

Working...
                                X