6.5 Grendel AR slow Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
    Faxon is going to be a 1MOA barrel, not bad but not amazing. Perfectly fine for hunting. Personally, I'd take the BHW, I think they have a slightly better barrel.

It is going to be LOUD. Since you are shooting unsuppressed I'd get a linear comp for sure.
    Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    I’ve seen some good reviews of Faxon barrels so I would have no issue purchasing one. I own a BHW barrel in 25-45 sharps and have no complains but I caught it on sale for only 90$ [emoji23] that being said, the round itself is not know to be a tack driver. Personally, I’d go after a faxon then bhw if I couldn’t get the faxon I wanted.

Comps (doesn’t matter the kind) suck for everyone but you. If you have zero plans to suppress then go a little longer on the barrel is my .02 but buy what makes you happy first and foremost. I have a 10 inch 223 upper that everyone complains is loud but when I’m behind it with ear pro it’s not hardly noticeable.

Sierracharlie out…
    You guys think I would be doing good if I found a Ballistic advantage Hanson 12.5” barrel for $170? Faxon barrels seem to be non existent and the TacticalKinetics folks have not answered an email i put in. So I’m thinking I should jump on this.

What ye think?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
      You guys think I would be doing good if I found a Ballistic advantage Hanson 12.5” barrel for $170? Faxon barrels seem to be non existent and the TacticalKinetics folks have not answered an email i put in. So I’m thinking I should jump on this.

What ye think?

I’ve heard good things about ballistic advantages so no arguments from me.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

What ye think?
        Go for it, lots of people love their 12.5" BA grendel barrels.

Comment

Well I ordered it, $225 barrel on sale for $189 and 10% off made it $170. It should be here next week sometime, Ill be on vacation when it arrives at the office will report on it when I see it. Bout all I lack is handguard, bolt and muzzle device and scope. Trigger arrived today but didn’t go to the office to get it.

Comment

Well I ordered it, $225 barrel on sale for $189 and 10% off made it $170. It should be here next week sometime, Ill be on vacation when it arrives at the office will report on it when I see it. Bout all I lack is handguard, bolt and muzzle device and scope. Trigger arrived today but didn’t go to the office to get it.

Nice man you’re almost there!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Nice man you’re almost there!

Sierracharlie out…
              Then I gotta pay my $200 sometime too

Comment

Then I gotta pay my $200 sometime too

Yeah but that’s just money out of your pocket and paperwork haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Not sure how I’ve been missing this thread but I put a 12.5” barrel Grendel together not to long ago & I love the thing. It’s not suppressed yet so it pretty loud, but it shoots lights out. It loves the 90gr American Eagle ammo, 1/2” groups at 100. I’m running a Ballistic Advantage barrel, cmc 2.5lb trigger & sbca3 brace. It’s short compact & kills what we point it at.

Comment

I have a BA Hanson barrel in 5.56 11" and have been happy with the results. that's same gun Carrie's the ALG combat trigger which is great as well. It's my HD gun and I'm very glad I didn't go with anything any lighter.

I have a CMC 4.5# single stage trigger in a other 16" build and it feels much lighter than the ALG. More for precision work.

Comment

I love high end ARs but man I have killed a ton of critters with this little 12" 6.5 grendel PSA upper. If anyone wants a compact grendel on a budget I would give this one a shot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I guess there is bad and good always, but I also have the BCA 18'' stainless upper in a 6.5 Grendel and it shoots quarter size at 100yds with Hornady Black. Love this gun

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

I love high end ARs but man I have killed a ton of critters with this little 12" 6.5 grendel PSA upper. If anyone wants a compact grendel on a budget I would give this one a shot.
                          What can is that you have on this? I shot mine a couple weeks ago with a buddies Sandman TI and it was pretty awesome. Told my wife it’s gonna happen

Comment

What can is that you have on this? I shot mine a couple weeks ago with a buddies Sandman TI and it was pretty awesome. Told my wife it’s gonna happen
                            Trash Panda by Q. Q makes the best cans on the market in my opinion. The sound, the design, the mount system are incredible.

Comment

Trash Panda by Q. Q makes the best cans on the market in my opinion. The sound, the design, the mount system are incredible.

What is your basis to this claim? That is a bold statement and while I get that it’s your opinion, are you saying that because that’s all you have or do you have a background with other cans that you personally have actually used? Not trying to come off as a jerk but rather looking for info that you based your claim on.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

What is your basis to this claim? That is a bold statement and while I get that it’s your opinion, are you saying that because that’s all you have or do you have a background with other cans that you personally have actually used? Not trying to come off as a jerk but rather looking for info that you based your claim on.
                                It's a bold statement and I'll gladly stand by it. I've loaded just south of a half million rounds of ammo commercially and get to shoot plenty of cans being "in the industry". Lots of my friends own firearm companies and are manufactures.

When I was ready to buy a can, my friends got together and let me shoot 30+ suppressors on my rifles until I found my favorite which was the trash panda by q.

The Q warranty, design, durability and tone/sound are fantastic. One of my best friends personally has close to 100 stamps, he hunts almost exclusively with the thunder chicken by Q if that tells you anything .

Comment

Working...
                                X