No announcement yet.

Financing a new boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wore out my deckhand today. Crappie was a little slow but them whites was hot!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
      I bought them because I could and just like everything in life, things change. Not everyone has the same interests and even though I love to fish, I have others in my family that have other things they like to do on the water as well. I was never “put out” financially because I bought quality and took great care of everything I’ve owned. I’d say that I’m not STUPID, but I am entitled to an opinion just as you are sir.
      That was an attempt at a rediculous outlandish statement meant to be funny. I liked wake boarding, skiing, and cruising as much as the next fella till my joints gave out on me. Sorry if it didn’t come across as humor. My wife has told me I’m the only one that thinks I’m funny. It might just be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
        That was an attempt at a rediculous outlandish statement meant to be funny. I liked wake boarding, skiing, and cruising as much as the next fella till my joints gave out on me. Sorry if it didn’t come across as humor. My wife has told me I’m the only one that thinks I’m funny. It might just be true.

I tend to agree with your wife! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at and wait for the best used boat you can find. There are some steals out there that are 7-10 yrs old and your down payment would or/almost pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            I financed my $75,000.00 boat and I would be considered AHEAD by any measure you wanted to use
            oh come on Buff ! you been around long enough to know the rules
            you cant proclaim a new $ 75 grand mistress and not post a pic of that babe

Comment

Originally posted by radar View Post
              [ATTACH]954140[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]954141[/ATTACH]

i bought this one for 2250.00 off the tbh classified, i put about 900.00 in it. Got it a few weeks ago. Its good enough to run up and down the river in, fly fishing and what not.
              wanna sell????

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                Since you give such good money advice I feel obligated to give you a little bit of advice on courtesy.

That statement was very out of line and not very adult like to make such blanket accusations about someone else. We all have difference pocketbooks and circumstances but one thing we all can do no matter what our money situation is be polite.
                Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                Are you referring to me? I have zero credit card debt, my home is paid for/zero mortgage, I own 200 acres of land that I owe zero $$ on, I own 2 brand new 2018 vehicles that owe less than $29K on total combined for both.....and at 1.5% interest rate, I’ll gladly use their money. I won’t even go into investments, liquid assets, etc..... I’m 38yrs old btw....

So.....what were you saying about not getting ahead?
                Originally posted by Buff View Post
                WOW !!!!
                Unless you are joking with a good friend. That was awful rude.
                I financed my $75,000.00 boat and I would be considered AHEAD by any measure you wanted to use
                Y'all have to consider the source...don't let the miserable cuss get under your skin

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                Some of these guys pay "#" thousand a year to lease land. Plus all the costs associated with leases. Granted, they aren't borrowing money to do it, but you are essentially creating a "fish lease" payment by financing the boat. So if fishing and boat playing is what you are into, find the best financing and enjoy. The same as others allocating certain amount of funds per year for their hobby.
                MLank beat me to it. Some of the fellas talking about financing a boat probably have a $4-6k lease and spend that much on protein and corn, yet are chastising a man for wanting a boat that could bring him just as much joy as their lease does

OP, if you can afford a decent down payment and plan on using it 25-30 times a year, buy you a boat and get to it ain't none of these fellas working for your money, don't worry too much about what they think. I'd much rather have a boat and not spend money on a hunting lease myself. BUT...I would steer clear of Tracker and Mako personally. If you're wanting a boat to use for fresh water only, you can get a Ranger RT188 aluminum boat for low-mid 20's that is a much better boat than Tracker. Or a Ranger RB190 or Xpress CC for salt for around $27-28k. As for glass boats for salt fishing goes...you're probably gonna have to push your budget up to the low-mid $30's. Those would be Bluewave STL 19', Nauticstar 195, Skeeter Bay SX200, etc. Just my opinion...do what is going to bring you fun and enjoyable times and yes, most of the time you can find a great deal on a boat that is 2-4 years old that wasn't used as often as someone thought it would be. But I won't knock a man for buying new, I'd much rather prefer having a warranty for the first 5-6 years of ownership myself

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                  wanna sell????
                  No. Could you imagine the drama that would create in TBH.

I bought a boat on TBH classified for 2250.00 and sold it for 3500.00 , peoples heads would explode on here. A feller can’t even have a casual conversation on here without a bunch of drama.

Who would have thought a boat finance question would go three pages

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    No. Could you imagine the drama that would create in TBH.

I bought a boat on TBH classified for 2250.00 and sold it for 3500.00 , peoples heads would explode on here. A feller can’t even have a casual conversation on here without a bunch of drama.

Who would have thought a boat finance question would go three pages
                    Man ain't that the truth... BUT post a hunting related story on here a HUNTING site and it won't go 1 page

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Man ain't that the truth... BUT post a hunting related story on here a HUNTING site and it won't go 1 page
                      I’m sitting in a blind with my bow now. Waiting on Mr Tom to stop in. I don’t even post anything about hunting anymore. Ain’t no one cares, unless the story got some drama they can argue about.

Comment

Man. Im supposed to sell mine (paid for) when I get back from offshore and get sad every time I think about it. But, when I was home, I realized my trailer tags go out this month and they are still in on the paper they come on and my 2 year boat tags have 1 year left. They are still on the paper. Have not used boat in over a year.

I hope it starts.

Comment

I posted on this thread when it first started and I want to add something else. Paying cash for a good used boat is never a bad thing. With that being said I have no issues financing a boat, I just have a problem financing the 2 boats originally listed.

I have a nice little boat I bought from a TBH’er and paid cash. That being said I will be upgrading before to long and will mostly be financing the new boat as is will also be a boat I would have no issues getting out from under. I am hoping I can find the boat I want used with low hours for a good price. That’s my hope anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Build one

Click image for larger version

Name:	DFB604E0-CD5C-439B-8460-05AF26A9A58C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	24576726

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Build one

[ATTACH]954441[/ATTACH]