Selling Glock debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Is this one of those UT campaigns? Cocks not glocks?
    The first time I saw that post I just about lost it!

Comment

If you aren’t using it might as well get rid of it to fund something you wil use...

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
        Most of the time used guns are worth almost as much as new ones.. other than putting 3000k rounds down the barrel or scratching up the stock they don't lose value.. and people wanting them for half the price of a new one is exactly why I don't bother selling ..
        So right here is another reason , You are selling a USED gun not new , so why would anyone save a few bucks to buy used ?? IF we are talking stock not modded .

If its used you are going to loose 25% or more on avg .

But a guy with a dime a dozen gun no matter what brand thinks his gun is special and should be what new is or like 20 dollars less BWHAHAHAHA

Go on gun broker and look up new and used gives you a basic idea of what is a fair price across the US . Take out the silly how prices and low priced and there you go its sure not a new price that is a fact

Comment

I am in the same boat as you. However resale isn't good, so keeping it. It's my first pistol, and has sentimental value. Also, I have only sold one gun, and regretted it.

Comment

I’ve sold plenty of my Glocks, and given away a few as well. What I never have done is sold my only glock, nor do I hope I ever have to. Currently have 6 Glock 9mms, and doubt I ever go less than 5.

Comment

Selling a Glock to buy something different?
              Sounds like you are on your way to greater things!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

On one hand if it’s a stock Glock 17, it is easily replaced.

I have sold many and eventually replaced all of them.

Whoever posted that guns don’t lose value when used is wrong.

Go buy a brand new Glock for $500 and see what it sells for 6 months later.

If it’s a custom or something rare maybe so, but run of the mill every day guns, not even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

If it’s a custom or something rare maybe so, but run of the mill every day guns, not even.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Yup. Common firearms are like cars. The moment you buy them you are not recovering anywhere close to what you paid. Of course if you looked at the classifieds here you would get a different idea.

Comment

Yep, I own no more Glocks.

Comment

I have been inspired. Going to take pics tomorrow and sell it.

Comment

I’ve owned and sold/traded a 22, 23, 17, and recently a 19. I’m sure they’re awesome, reliable weapons if you have the hand structure. I have 1911 hands.

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
                            I have a glock 20 10mm that I have only shot 2 times, I don’t like it at all. I will probably sell it pretty soon

I have the same gun and I’m on the fence as to whether I like it or not also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deadfall65 View Post
                              I have the same gun and I’m on the fence as to whether I like it or not also.

Have you tried a 20sf frame on one of the newer gen’s with replaceable backstraps? I really wanted to like the 20 but it didn’t fit me right. Then when the SF came out it was way better. I ultimately sold it when the 40 came out with the 6” barrel and I AINT NEVER selling that thing!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                                Have you tried a 20sf frame on one of the newer gen’s with replaceable backstraps? I really wanted to like the 20 but it didn’t fit me right. Then when the SF came out it was way better. I ultimately sold it when the 40 came out with the 6” barrel and I AINT NEVER selling that thing!

It’s a gen 4 with replaceable back straps so I’m not sure if that’s the same thing you’re talking about. This is my first glock and even without the back straps it has a fatter feeling grip than other handguns I own and it may be a matter of just getting used to it. It is a great shooting gun though.

Comment

Working...
                                X