• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD like to keep their pencils sharp

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Tpwd laws are so confusing. I'm not sure if they understand them

They struggle with it for sure. Some of the GW’s seem as backwoods as granny’s second cousin’s uncle’s brother in law.

Comment

If you shoot a deer in another state that doesn’t require a tag then is there a form one must complete or what is the proper protocol there?

Comment

I am so annoyed by this. I called a game warden and asked about shooting a doe during archery season his response was I don't think you can. He called me later and told me I could and what page it was on in the outdoor annual. I asked him if y'all can't read Thai stuff how in the heck are we expected to? He asked what do you mean by that? I repeated it. Not sure if I ticked him off or not but come on. And that goofy chart in the OA only made it worse. Sorry my rant is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Sounds like poo to me, you weren't giving away the carcass (meat)? Tag stays with the meat unless I've misunderstood.
            Maximum poo from that GW
            Tag or MLD permits stays with the meat , transfer paper are for when you transfer possession of fish or game to a alternative person so says our local government employee
            Attached Files
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-12-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
              we should get 2 tags when we buy a license. One for the meat and one for the head so there is no confusion.
              that makes way too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                What gets me you can debone a deer and take the whole dang thing to a processor and nothing is needed. No tag or anything. Crazy laws we have.
                The processor I go to requires a tag no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                  we should get 2 tags when we buy a license. One for the meat and one for the head so there is no confusion.
                  In Alaska hunters get a metal / plastic band for the antlers and a wrd goes with the meat same in Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                    What gets me you can debone a deer and take the whole dang thing to a processor and nothing is needed. No tag or anything. Crazy laws we have.
                    It is illegal to debone deer until it reaches it final destination, either home or the processor. From the regulations:

"Processing in Camp

A deer and pronghorn may be skinned and quartered (two forequarters, two hindquarters, and two backstraps) for transport, provided the quartered deer or pronghorn is tagged and proof of sex accompanies the deer or pronghorn. (See Cold Storage or Processing Facility for exceptions). The four quarters and two backstraps are the only parts of a deer required by law to be kept in edible condition.

Tagging and proof-of-sex requirements continue to apply until the wildlife resource reaches a final destination AND is quartered. Deer or pronghorn may only be processed beyond quarters at a location that qualifies as a final destination.

While in camp you may remove and prepare a part of a wildlife resource if the removal and preparation occur immediately before the part is cooked or consumed; however, all tagging and proof of sex regulations apply to remaining parts until the parts reach a final destination."

Comment

you an still debone the deer. just don't cut them up any further. leave the quarters be.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        you an still debone the deer. just don't cut them up any further. leave the quarters be.
                        Hmmm, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info.

Comment

It's so if you get stopped with the deer head you have documentation linking it to the tag (which is with the meat). Otherwise you will have to convince them that the deer was tagged. Same reason the processor and taxidermist need documentation that the deer you provided them was taken legally. They are taking possession and need the documentation on hand. Otherwise they are on the hook if they get inspected.

Comment

Process the deer and put it in the freezer prior to taking the head to the taxidermist.
                            Personally, I would like to see the license printed as a separate document with no log on the back. Tags would also be printed separately, in a size large enough that cold hands can work with and write on them. Buck tags could have a tear off section to send with the head. The current license is a mess. The paper is hard to write on with a ball point pen and gel pens smear easily. Sorry for the rant. I get irritated every time that I have to tag a deer with these sorry little excuses for a tag.

Comment

"you an still debone the deer. just don't cut them up any further. leave the quarters be". My ol man got popped for this 25y.o. in golthwaite...he still madder than a captured jap.
                              Last edited by talleywack97; 11-13-2019, 05:40 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Sounds like another regulation put in effect to make it easier to accidentally mess up and get a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X