No announcement yet.

African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man so sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than saving money for a nice hunt and getting ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
      consult a lawyer and have a discussion.
      This

Comment

Don’t send him a penny. Tell him to keep the animals .
        Go back next year with a real outfit

Comment

I would say a "Welcome to Texas *** Whoopin is in order here".��

Comment

Lawsuit

For somebody to immediately threaten legal action shows they have no idea what they are talking about. He’s not going to file against you or he would have shut his mouth and done it. Plus he knows if he even tries to his whole scam of an operation will be exposed. I wouldn’t sweat it. Like stated earlier. What a moron for not collecting before the trip.

Comment

Two things. Be the first to hire a lawyer, don’t wait on him. As was said, be careful about what you put on social media. Good luck !

Comment

I sure hate to be a Richard but I seen a picture of that "Red Duiker". If that's the 10th largest in the world, you'd have a real hard time seein a small one.
                Really though I hope you get the restitution you deserve. He ain't no better than a thief.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  I’d pay him what was I agreed on and not a penny more. Let him take you to court if it doesn’t sit well with him. If he refuses to give you your animals don’t pay a dime and take him to court. This guy sounds like a straight up scam artist.
                  This/\ that way you held up your end of the agreement. What that guy needs tho is a good beating

Comment

Consult with an attorney and make sure you give the complete picture (not just the details that benefit you). Based on what you said and if you have proof to document it there could be a pretty substantial lawsuit against this guy and his operation (all airfare, travel expenses, etc. cost of hunt refunded to those who paid and other damages). I certainly wouldn’t let this guy scare you.

Edit to add that based on the price of the hunts this guy would be suing you in small claims court (those courts don’t really like it when parties hire lawyers and usually look out for the little guys). Your potential lawsuit is much greater against him.
                    Last edited by Alta; 08-30-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Whip his *** seabass.....

Comment

Get Burnadel and pay him a visit!

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                          Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.
                          Then I'd send him exactly half of the original agreed-upon price, and tell him he'll get the other half when you get your animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                            Don’t send him a penny. Tell him to keep the animals .

Go back next year with a real outfit
                            This is what I would do as well..Pic's,and memories serve me pretty well though..Him holding your horns hostage is supposed the scare you I suppose.He's probably done it before.
                            Me being me,I'd tell him to suck them bone's;and when I see him at the next Safari Club Show I'm gonna beat the **** out of you,and use "his" money to bail myself outta jail.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                              Man, this makes me so glad I found and chose a really good outfit. That is a lot of time and money to invest in what most folks consider a trip of a lifetime. Hopefully you have not been soured on Africa. You should seriously look at Limcroma if you plan to go again. Hannes would NEVER treat any of his clients like this. I agree with what others have said, pay him what was agreed upon. As for the animals, they have likely gone to the Dip n Ship, Exporter. If so, unless Lammie owns that company, you should be fine. The Exporter is likely a separate company and it is a separate transaction between you and them, not Lammie. He shouldn't be able to affect that, unless he never sent the animals to them. But, also sounds like Lammie was "leasing" the lodge and ranch from someone else. May want to find out who that was and let them know.
                              I agree 100%... I truly hate to hear stories like this. It's troubling to hear the OP is dealing with this... Bad experiences with outfitters like this can happen if you are not hunting with a well-established, reputable, vetted outfitter. That's why I adamantly stress to each and every prospective African hunting client to be diligent in your research, read hunting reports, and confer with as many references as you can contact before committing with a deposit. And, keep in mind that going with the cheapest quote is usually not the best deal in the end. Quality outfitted experiences will not be the cheapest deals, and the old cliche applies that you usually get what you pay for...

Limcroma has owned and operated their own in-house dip & pack facility for many years now specifically to keep horror stories with client trophies like this from occurring. As far as I am aware, they are the only African outfitter to do this. Trophy care after the hunt is the most overlooked aspect of the entire safari experience. Yet, it can be the most frustrating and expensive aspect if things go wrong. I would also encourage prospective clients researching outfitters to include questions about the trophy care process and costs.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X