Clear All

Upper echelon at it's finest ����

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
      Upper echelon at it's finest ����

How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m surprised it took this long to sell, with the layout of that piece of property and its location between Houston and Dallas it’s prime for development. Doing the same thing on Hwy 7 in Leon County, I believe it’s a piece of what was the Center Ranch.

Comment

Yet another cluster **** brought to us by txpw.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
            I’m surprised it took this long to sell, with the layout of that piece of property and its location between Houston and Dallas it’s prime for development. Doing the same thing on Hwy 7 in Leon County, I believe it’s a piece of what was the Center Ranch.
            Sad to see the center ranch being broken up

Comment

Well things have stalemated, Feb. 3 was supposed to be the date the park would have to turn the keys over but the park is still open. Few reports out there that state representative in Austin have been flooded with angry emails and phone calls about the public losing this to private development, and that the state is currently high-level meetings about purchasing some or all of the Luminant land.

Comment

Someone from California will outbid them.

Comment

I hate to see it go but renting land from a power company sounds like a typical bad business model for the state. TPWD has likely operated that park at a loss for the last 50 years, but when it's other people's money you can get away with it.

The State should have purchased it 50 years ago when it was 100 times cheaper and would surely be money ahead without paying lease fees for fifty years, developing the park, maintaining and staffing the park only to have it taken by the highest bidder.

The power company wins, the developer wins, the State says awe shucks and the tax payer loses. I will be curious to see how many of our reps fighting to save the park end up with premium choice lots and club memberships to the golf course in a few years when they open.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                    Well things have stalemated, Feb. 3 was supposed to be the date the park would have to turn the keys over but the park is still open. Few reports out there that state representative in Austin have been flooded with angry emails and phone calls about the public losing this to private development, and that the state is currently high-level meetings about purchasing some or all of the Luminant land.
                    Well that is certainly good news (assuming it’s true).

Comment

State could have bought it 50 years ago, but I'm sure "didn't have the money." Now someone shows up with money and they want to act like it's some evil plot. Like a tire kicker in the classifieds complaining that someone else bought something. Just another TPWD screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                        State could have bought it 50 years ago, but I'm sure "didn't have the money." Now someone shows up with money and they want to act like it's some evil plot. Like a tire kicker in the classifieds complaining that someone else bought something. Just another TPWD screw up.
                        Why will they bought it 50 years ago when they signed a lease with a $0 cost!.

Comment

So from what I understand from very reliable sources around town is that the big tract of land that was up for sale (which includes the lake and the property where the State park currently sits) has been under contract for several months with Todd Interests (development company). However Todd Interests is having issues closing the deal and may be backing out. IF they do back out and the contract is voided, then the State will have the option/ability to purchase the lake and State Park property from Vistra Energy. I have also heard that Beaver Aplin (owner of Bucee's) is backing the State with finances to purchase the property. LOTS of moving parts in this transaction..........

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Someone from California will outbid them.
                            ^^^^^^ this...

Comment

The state should have never leased the land (even for $0) because it should have been understood that this day will come.

With a 50 year history of public use, I would support the use of eminent domain to acquire the property (at fair market value) for the continuation of public use.

This should also be a lesson to evaluate all other land leases that the state holds.

The current lack of public land and recourses available to the people of Texas is a major drawback.

Comment

This could be good news

Comment

Working...
                                X