Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
    a few questions/statements:
    1) do you recycle? that's a ton of aluminum!
    2) Holy carbs, Batman!
    3) why drink so much?
    4) Other than your blood pressure, what are the other vitals measuring?
    Add the words and how to number 3 and what brand do you drink. 18 a night is like a $100 a week habit. That’s $400 a month.

Comment

Careful on the bourbon adventure you’re about to go on. I bought a sipper one day and now have about 30-40 in my collection. I would drink crown and seven up or forty creek and seven up and can’t hardly stand it now, way too sweet. The only thing I like paring with my bourbon anymore is a cigar!

Comment

Sweet vermouth
        But only when it’s cold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
          Add the words and how to number 3 and what brand do you drink. 18 a night is like a $100 a week habit. That’s $400 a month.
          Look at the math on this guy!

Comment

3 fingers high of JD and one handful of crushed ice. I'm JD only now when I partake.

My taste changed and don't enjoy the others or Canadian efforts either.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              You double posting on the mere thought of it.

I'll drink a maker's with you. No worries. I'll even lock the wheels on your chair first[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Good! Looking forward to seeing you at Bownanza! I need help babysitting Chew!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Good! Looking forward to seeing you at Bownanza! I need help babysitting Chew!
                Sorry, no nanza for me. Working 21 straight 12s starting Feb 27

Likely a crappie get together or a seat in the clone section at Terry's restaurant will be the gathering I make till retirement

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

we have a lease member that mix Bourbon with milk.

Comment

My bourbon / whiskey tastes have changed a lot over the years. Started with the cheap stuff mixed with coke or sprite. Now drink only quality stuff neat or on ice. Can’t ruin a good whiskey with too many flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      we have a lease member that mix Bourbon with milk.
                      That is a King Ranch thing (based on the book). Milk, bourbon and honey I believe.

If you have ever had Rodeo Punch at one of the Committeeman only clubs at HLSR, you would consider the merits of milk in a mixed drink. For the record, I don't know exactly what it is but its good (better than a white russian or anything like that).

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        I'm not sure I like the tone with which you typed "Evan Williams", sir...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

[emoji2961]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A couple drops of water at most

Comment

I’ve been drinking it neat and no other way for the last 11 years or so. Just a preference.

That said, my wife mixed up some honey and sisterdale whiskey and didn’t drink it the other day. Not being a wasteful man, I polished it off and was happy with it, tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                                I have been mixing my bourbon with caffeine/sugar free seven up lately. Trying to figure out something non carbonated to mix with. Don't need alot of sugar per the Doc!
                                Based on the posts you have made, I believe that you are seeking the honest truth. If listen to any of the master distillers in Kentucky (watch Bourbontucky) an overriding idea is "I drink mine with X, but you drink your's any which way you like it". So, I like mine with ice, sometimes a little bit of water, or as an old fashioned. And I don't tell anyone else how to drink their choice of drink or cook their food (especially chili). Try some different bourbons and mixes, it will be fun!

That said, here are my suggestions:

1. Find a better bourbon than Tin Cup. I would suggest Maker's Mark. Its a wheated bourbon, so it has a smooth and mellow appeal, and its fairly cheap.

2. Don't use diet soda, if you choose to use soda. It has an off taste that normally doesn't do too well with liquor. If 7Up is your preference try a Makers with regular 7Up.

3. Here are some mixers I would suggest you try:
                                -Ice with and without a little bit of water (or soda water, Topo Chico, etc). The water or melting ice (aka water) opens the whiskey up and tones it down some.
                                -Coffee (if you like coffee). Believe it or not bourbon is good with coffee however you take your coffee. If you want to jazz it up add some Kahlua or cream and sugar
                                -Old Fashioned. Go to a good whiskey bar and order one.
                                -Apple Cider. A lot people like apple pie moonshine. Look up a recipe and replace the shine/grain liquor with bourbon.
                                -Ginger Ale
                                -Cola (regular Coke or Pepsi)

Now, for your stated purpose (not contributing to high BP), work your way to ice/water.

Comment

Working...
                                X