No announcement yet.

Truck Tire Air Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a half ton? I always ran 40-45 psi. I noticed above 35 psi, the tires wore really nicely. Above 50 psi, they tend to wear in the middle faster.

Comment

On a half ton I’d run 40, running less will cup the tire. If you notice the tires wearing unevenly I’d bump it up to 45 but you should be good at 40.

Comment

I had a set of E rated KO2's on my F-150. Got over 120K out of them when I traded the truck in for my new Ram Diesel. Always ran 55 front and 60 rear. Would bump up the rear to 65 if towing my lowboy trailer. Tires were rated for 80 also.

Comment

My truck is a 1 ton SRW diesel with a front end replacement bumper hootus. I keep 65 in the front and 60 or so rear. I think my tires recommend 80, but it's too **** rough at 80, and the tires wear better at 60-65. I don't add any to the rears for towing/hauling unless I was planning a long trip with a heavy load. I had the gooseneck at 22.5k the other day, and the rear truck tires were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Just put a new set of tires in my truck. Had a leveling kit installed so went with bigger tires. They are 35x12.50x20. What air pressure should I be running? I know on the sidewall it says up to 80psi cold, but I know it’d ride like an old logging truck if I put that much.
            F250 6.7 with replacement bumper

35x12.5x18

45psi front
            40psi rear

Comment

Do the chalk test and figure out what the truck/tires want. Make a chalk mark across the tread of your tires. Air them up and drive a very short distance. If the mark disappears in the middle and stays on at the edges of the tread, let air out and try again. Do this until the mark disappears evenly across the face of the tread and you’re good to go.

Comment

Around 60 up front. You can go a little lower on the rear. If you go too low on the front, you will see the tires wear more round than usual on the edges.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                  F250 6.7 with replacement bumper

35x12.5x18

45psi front
                  40psi rear
                  For context I have over 300k miles at these specs with Toyo AT2, Toyo RT, and BFG KM3’s. No abnormal wear issues, infact my tread life usually out lasts MFG spec, which says a lot for 3/4 Diesel that has a rough life.

It’s also how Carli suspension specs out all their 35” tire set ups

Comment

BIL bought brand new F250 Lariat FX4 with a lot of bells and whistles package. He follows the door recommended pressure. If I ever spend call it $80k on anything that rides that HARD I am going to kick my own *** and the person who sold it to me. LMAO 🤣

Comment

I started reading this and it didn’t take long before I put my hip waders on … to Wade through all of the Bewlchit on tire life.

Comment

Your truck is a half ton, I’d go 45 front and 40 rear. If you haul heavy just bump rears up to 45 or 50.

I run 50 front and 45 rear on my Cummins 2500. Carli suspension recommended this air pressure for my setup with their springs and track bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My tire pressure light comes on at 36, so I run about 40. (lower load range tire than you are running)

Comment

F250 60 in the back and 65 on the front. Unless I'm hauling heavy then adjusted PSI to 65 in the back

Comment

Originally posted by BlackdirtCowboy View Post
                              Do the chalk test and figure out what the truck/tires want. Make a chalk mark across the tread of your tires. Air them up and drive a very short distance. If the mark disappears in the middle and stays on at the edges of the tread, let air out and try again. Do this until the mark disappears evenly across the face of the tread and you’re good to go.

Several decent suggestions here but this is the best answer given.

Comment

It is stamped on the side of the tire what they recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X