No announcement yet.

Truck Tire Air Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a set of load range E tires on a half ton truck. Kept them at 43psi. Had 80,000 on the tires when I traded the truck in. Discount tire recommended 43 for my set up and it worked great for me!

Comment

My 2500 Ram will give me a low tire warning if I run them below 60, so I run 60 unless I have a load then I bump them up to 75

Comment

Read the tag. It's usually pretty accurate

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          My 2500 Ram will give me a low tire warning if I run them below 60, so I run 60 unless I have a load then I bump them up to 75
          His is a half ton. On tires that are rated for that much max pressure, theyā€™re going to ride rougher by nature. Start talking about much over about 50, that truckā€™s going to bounce all over the place without a load on it.

OP, everyday driving, stay under 50 PSI. Low to middle 40ā€™s will work better for you in most cases. Air up/down as needed due to purpose.

Comment

Keep adjusting pressure till you get even wear.

Comment

I have a Toyota tundra crewmax. Iā€™m running 35ā€™s load range E nittos. First set after original tires were Nitto ridge grapplers. Ran them at 35psi. Got 85k out of them. I could have gone more. I have recon grapplers now with 35k on them and they will easily go to the 80k range as well. I run them at 35 too. I took sidewalk chalk and coated my first set and inflated them to 50psi and drove them about 1/4 mile in a straight line. In the beginning at 50psi there was only roughy 8ā€ of the 12ā€ tire with chalk missing in the middle. I kept deflating 5 pounds at a time and retested each time until all the chalk wore off the full width of tread.

Try the chalk test yourself and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ran my wrangler 4 door with load range E tires with 35 psi and got 120k out of them. Never towed more than a trailer with a side by side or a boat. Discount put 45 in them and it was wearing down the middle I let some air out and found where they wore the best. And makes for a way smoother ride.

Comment

The door doesn’t matter anymore.
                  I had a Silverado. Door said 35. New tires shook the truck. Emailed bfg. They told me it needed to be 55.

Fixed it. No more shake.

Reach out to company. Different tires different specs

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    I have a Toyota tundra crewmax. Iā€™m running 35ā€™s load range E nittos. First set after original tires were Nitto ridge grapplers. Ran them at 35psi. Got 85k out of them. I could have gone more. I have recon grapplers now with 35k on them and they will easily go to the 80k range as well. I run them at 35 too. I took sidewalk chalk and coated my first set and inflated them to 50psi and drove them about 1/4 mile in a straight line. In the beginning at 50psi there was only roughy 8ā€ of the 12ā€ tire with chalk missing in the middle. I kept deflating 5 pounds at a time and retested each time until all the chalk wore off the full width of tread.

Try the chalk test yourself and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

X2 for best ride and handling. Add air when loaded

Comment

It doesn’t matter what your tires are rated for if the rims pressure doesn’t match. If running stock wheels, run tires at factory specs. If your rims do match and you are basically running 3/4-1-ton rated tires on a 1/2-ton run them where the tread wears even. It’s still going to beat you up

Micheal

Comment

I run 70, don’t like to add air or take out for anything

Comment

tagged

Comment

I run load range E tires on my half ton trucks. I run 40 psi. Rides like crap once you get above 45-50 psi. 10 ply tires are awesome!!!

Comment

Easy to use tire pressure calculator. Use our tire pressure calculator to calculate the new tire pressure needed when changing tire sizes.

Comment

40-45 for me. E rated on a tundra.

Comment

Working...
                                X