No announcement yet.

New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative on any 411 regarding the firearm itself other than pistol, long gun or other...the only time that happens is when you have a multiple firearm purchase when buying two or more handguns & certain long gun sales like AR's / AK's for the four border states. (thank you fast & furious) One copy goes to ATF & the other to CLEO in your area.

SS is optional
    DL is affirmative & We are now also required to give residential 411 if you get a delay to assist the background...all of this rolled out due to Uvalde.
    Last edited by Artos; 01-23-2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

SS is optional
      DL is affirmative & We are now also required to give residential 411 if you get a delay to assist the background...all of this rolled out due to Uvalde.
      “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.” ― Rahm Emanuel

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        IF it is searchable, then they only know if the transferee acquired a pistol, long gun or other / receiver as that is the 411 FFL's give to NICS...they would need seize the entire 4473 to know the make, model & SN.

Most 4473's where a LTC was given are not reported to NICS.
        Correct. If I remember correctly, the issue that arose via whistleblower was that they were keeping massive files with PDFs of 4473s that they were obtaining by taking pictures during audits. This is what they claim isn't searchable. I believe there were allegations of a readily available file with a toggle switch for a search function.

Not to mention what we learned from the 80% and form 1 silencer debacle which is they will just threaten retailers, manufacturers and use willing credit card companies to obtain the information they want.
        Last edited by Clay C; 01-23-2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          Correct. If I remember correctly, the issue that arose via whistleblower was that they were keeping massive files with PDFs of 4473s that they were obtaining by taking pictures during audits. This is what they claim isn't searchable. I believe there were allegations of a readily available file with a toggle switch for a search function.

Not to mention what we learned from the 80% and form 1 silencer debacle which is they will just threaten retailers, manufacturers and use willing credit card companies to obtain the information they want.
          and anyone who's used PDF writer knows it has a search/find function. You can combine endless PDF's together, then search.

this is the digital equivalent of "I didn't inhale" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
            and anyone who's used PDF writer knows it has a search/find function. You can combine endless PDF's together, then search.

this is the digital equivalent of "I didn't inhale" LOL
            so it's not a database, it is a PDF that is searchable? or have they already searched the PDF's and put that information into a database?

just trying to make sure the inaccurate information we spread is accurate. haha.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              so it's not a database, it is a PDF that is searchable? or have they already searched the PDF's and put that information into a database?

just trying to make sure the inaccurate information we spread is accurate. haha.

I’m not sure what industry you’re in but every significant company in existence maintains a database. They can be compiled using data from various sources. So yes, voice to text, spreadsheets and even pdf files.

Databases are cheap and easy. Everyone has one. I am confused why you are applying a conspiracy theory argument about a massive federal agency having a thorough database on the items they are in existence to regulate.

If you have this incredible knowledge of what is actually used, then tell us all because we’d love to see someone with first hand knowledge.
              Last edited by kyle1974; 01-23-2023, 01:26 PM.

Comment

You can put 10 million PDF documents into a folder and plenty of software can parse and search through the contents of them for keywords and such. Everything's searchable these days.

Comment

Does this rule apply to the brace on my remington tac 14 "other firearm" shotgun?

Comment

Correction to my previous post. The Auditors taking pictures of 4473s was a separate issue that arose last year (although I'm sure they were being used for the same purpose).

They had almost 1 billion records from FFLs surrendering them and other sources, they were putting them into a searchable database for years until they eventually got found out and were told to stop. They pinky swore they would make it unsearchable.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      I’m not sure what industry you’re in but every significant company in existence maintains a database. They can be compiled using data from various sources. So yes, voice to text, spreadsheets and even pdf files.

Databases are cheap and easy. Everyone has one. I am confused why you are applying a conspiracy theory argument about a massive federal agency having a thorough database on the items they are in existence to regulate.

If you have this incredible knowledge of what is actually used, then tell us all because we’d love to see someone with first hand knowledge.
                      select * from firearm_database where owner = 'kyle1974'

nice collection.

joking aside, I have my doubts on how there could be a database since so many transactions go unreported is all. LTC purchasers do not get reported and private party transactions don't get reported. Would be a pretty dirty database wouldn't it?

Last edited by duckmanep; 01-23-2023, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                        Does this rule apply to the brace on my remington tac 14 "other firearm" shotgun?
                        Yes.

Comment

Anyone know if this has been published yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                            Anyone know if this has been published yet?
                            Still not published.

Comment

Lawyer’s opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                Correction to my previous post. The Auditors taking pictures of 4473s was a separate issue that arose last year (although I'm sure they were being used for the same purpose).

They had almost 1 billion records from FFLs surrendering them and other sources, they were putting them into a searchable database for years until they eventually got found out and were told to stop. They pinky swore they would make it unsearchable.
                                I've been an ffl since 07 & have only had two pics of 4473's taken & that was on my first or 2nd audit by a new / in training inspecting agent if I recall. FWIW

Comment

Working...
                                X