Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Winchester Model 70 Fans In Here? Post them up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never bought a bolt action rifle in my life until yesterday. When I do rifle hunt, I have been hunting with my Rem 700 BDL 30-06 that was gifted to me by my dad when I was 18 (43 yrs old now).

I couldn't pass this one up. It's a 1981 Winchester Model 70 XTR Featherweight (Olin Edition) .308 topped with a Leupold Vari-xlll 3.5-10x40 in mint condition...not a mark on it.

As soon as I got it, I put a round in it, went behind the house and let one fly down range.[emoji3]

Post up your Win Model 70's if you have one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just bought a Winchester 70 XTR in 222. Not sure what I will ever use it for but I bought it anyway. May never even shoot it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8939.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	24571931

Comment

big fan here
      have 3 and love them all
      2 fwts and a sporter
      pics to come later

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        I just bought a Winchester 70 XTR in 222. Not sure what I will ever use it for but I bought it anyway. May never even shoot it.

[ATTACH]947576[/ATTACH]
        You gotta shoot the triple deuce

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          You gotta shoot the triple deuce

LOL...Why you say that? I can’t even find ammo locally. I may a few times. It will have to get a better scope on it. The one that is on it is a cheap Bushnell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2, a Featherweight in .270, and an African in .375 H&H.

Comment

I’ve got the big bore bug bad for CRF M70. This thread will not help haha

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                LOL...Why you say that? I can’t even find ammo locally. I may a few times. It will have to get a better scope on it. The one that is on it is a cheap Bushnell.

I have a soft spot for the 222 my first custom bench rest rifle was a Remington 40x Shilen barreled 222 back in the early 80’s

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  I have a soft spot for the 222 my first custom bench rest rifle was a Remington 40x Shilen barreled 222 back in the early 80’s

Did you ever hunt with it?

Comment

I've got a Pre-64 30-06 Featherweight that was my dad's uncles.

A~'73ish .264 Mag sporter. Meat getter.

A '92ish "new pre-64" stainless sporter chambered .270 Weatherby

And a newer Featherweight in .257 Roberts

I guess I'm just drawn to model 70s, all my favorite rifles have been them.

Comment

The old .264

The .257 Rob

Comment

I have the same exact M70 Featherweight in 30 06, beautiful riffle also have M70 Sporter 243 and M70 300 weatherby

Comment

We currently have 3 Model 70's between the wife and I. Mine is a 1966 Model 70 in .270. Her main rifle is a 2006 Featherweight in .270 WSM. I just got her(and I) a 2009, unfired in box Super Grade in .300 Win Mag.

Still have the original stock for mine, but had a custom one made for it back in I believe 2009. It's American black walnut in exhibition grade. Go the blank from Watt's Walnut in Missouri.
                          Last edited by Hawkpuppy 1; 02-27-2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Not a M70 fan but my wife is very very very attached to her 257 Roberts Featherweight. I'd be in big trouble if anything happened to it if it was my fault.

Comment

Didnt realize you could get weatherby calibers in model70’s.
                              I feel like a fwt in 257wby would be sweet to have.
                              Does/did winchester ever make one?

Comment

Working...
                              X