10/24/2020 Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/24/2020 Success

After hunting this deer for two years it all finally came together yesterday. I hadn't had a picture of him in over a week. It was 47 yesterday morning so i was hoping it would get him up and moving around. He came in at 9:02 and spooked at the smallest sound and left 2 minutes after arrival. Decided i would sit until 9:30 then go have breakfast with the wife. At 9:08 he came back out and i already had my bow in my hand, he spooked again from the wind and started to walk off. I shot him at 20 yards right before he was behind some cedar brush and I was sure i made a good shot. After i looked at the arrow and it wasn't bright lung blood where i was aiming (didnt smell gut shot either) so i decided to give him 45 minutes and went to eat breakfast. Once we started tracking him i didnt get a drop of blood until 15 yards and it was a just a tiny spot. Worried i made a bad shot i went another 5 yards searching for any sign of blood or what direction he went. Discouraged i looked over the top of a cedar bush he was piled up about 22 yards from the feeder. I shot him Double lungs and got a good pass through, just didn't bleed much until he fell. Sad it has come to an end but it was the most excited ive been in a long time.

Shot in Gillespie county low fence.. Guesses on score?
    Attached Files

Awesome buck!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

That’s a great buck. He’ll look awesome on the wall.
        Big congrats on a super nice bow kill. I like the looks of that rack.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking deer, Congrats!

Comment

Heck of a nice deer. Congratulations! Don't understand the lack of blood, but sometimes it happens.

Comment

Nice deer bud

Comment

Thanks everyone! It scored 143 7/8

Comment

Congrats. That is a great buck.

Comment

Beautiful buck! Congrats

Comment

I got one that has a similar frame in Gillespie. Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Congrats! Great deer!

Comment

Nice congrats

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              Heck of a nice deer. Congratulations! Don't understand the lack of blood, but sometimes it happens.

Yeah i know just made me nervous lol. It happened quick when i made the shot so i started second guessing my shot

Comment

Working...
                              X