• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"moroccan-style stew" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      1. You don’t make the rules...

2. It’s hokey.

3. What does California have to do with anything?
      1. You're an idiot.

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So the bean folks say "live and let live". The no beans folks seem too be a bit controlling and condescending. And for the record, I eat chili any way my wife makes it. She is 4th generation Texan (my boys are now 5th which something we say with pride) and she usually puts beans in it. So that is just the way I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          1. You're an idiot.

Lol.

There it is! I knew it was coming. Same song second verse!😂🤣😂😜

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
            So the bean folks say "live and let live". The no beans folks seem too be a bit controlling and condescending. And for the record, I eat chili any way my wife makes it. She is 4th generation Texan (my boys are now 5th which something we say with pride) and she usually puts beans in it. So that is just the way I like it.
            Oops. Lol!

Comment

OK guys thanks for playing. Let me start off with an apology. I wanted to conduct a social experiment on cultural division. Quite frankly any chili with the exception of Cincinnati chili is good with me.

Beans or No Beans, Left Wing vs Right Wing, Conservative vs Liberal you can see how easy escalation can happen when others do not agree with your position. It seems lately the escalation now comes in forms of riots, hate, and death. I am not here to preach or analyze but in my simple mind it seems that generally goodness can be found in the middle. With that said there will always be those firm principles that people will not deviate from such as pro-lie and the 2nd amendment and that is ok too however one doesn't have to hate the other if they disagree.

Do I feel BurntOrangeHunter is a idiot because he doesn't like beans of course not. He is actually a good guy. Conversely do I feel all those who likes beans in their chili are my good friends again of course not however most here I welcome as a friend.

This was all in fun however our nation is headed to places unknown because division is forcing people to chose sides and then trying to yell louder than the other side. I pray for all of you and all Americans that we can all find the middle in most things we do.

Tune in next week when we discuss fix vs mechanical broadheads.

God Bless
              Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                OK guys thanks for playing. Let me start off with an apology. I wanted to conduct a social experiment on cultural division. Quite frankly any chili with the exception of Cincinnati chili is good with me.

Beans or No Beans, Left Wing vs Right Wing, Conservative vs Liberal you can see how easy escalation can happen when others do not agree with your position. It seems lately the escalation now comes in forms of riots, hate, and death. I am not here to preach or analyze but in my simple mind it seems that generally goodness can be found in the middle. With that said there will always be those firm principles that people will not deviate from such as pro-lie and the 2nd amendment and that is ok too however one doesn't have to hate the other if they disagree.

Do I feel BurntOrangeHunter is a idiot because he doesn't like beans of course not. He is actually a good guy. Conversely do I feel all those who likes beans in their chili are my good friends again of course not however most here I welcome as a friend.

This was all in fun however our nation is headed to places unknown because division is forcing people to chose sides and then trying to yell louder than the other side. I pray for all of you and all Americans that we can all find the middle in most things we do.

Tune in next week when we discuss fix vs mechanical broadheads.

God Bless
                Raleigh
                Oktx and I are just picking at each other. Lol. We always do. Just guys talking a little smack.

I was referring to the fact he thinks I made up the term bowl of red and that Texas chili is not called that.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                  "moroccan-style stew" LOL
                  Made by "Canary Island women"...

Comment

Oktx and I are just picking at each other. Lol. We always do. Just guys talking a little smack.

I was referring to the fact he thinks I made up the term bowl of red and that Texas chili is not called that.

Where did I say YOU made it up? It’s in the article YOU posted!

Comment

I know my brother. Smack talk is good and if you don't have any of it life becomes boring. TBH aint boring.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Where did I say YOU made it up? It’s in the article YOU posted!
                        My bad. I misunderstood. You said you have only seen it used on here.....I was the one to use it.

Comment

Kidney beans , If i'm making the Chili, then I'm making the Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by rutersville View Post
                            smokey, this isn't 'nam, there are rules!

a. Chili cooked on site -all chili must be cooked from scratch on site the day of the cookoff. All chili must be
                            prepared in the open (no cooking in motorhomes, etc.).
                            1. Chili cooked from scratch -"scratch" is defined as starting with raw meat. No marinating is allowed.
                            Commercial chili powder is permissible, but complete commercial chili mixes ("just add meat" mixes that
                            contain premeasured spices) are not permitted.
                            2. no fillers in chili - beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or other similar ingredients are not permitted

official rules and regulations for cooks at the world's championship, state, regional and district chili cookoffs
                            the following rules are to be adhered to by all cookoff chairmen, cooks, and/or assistants, at all chili cookoffs approved by the international chili society.

True chili is defined by the international chili society as any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with chili peppers, various other spices, and other ingredients with the exception of items such as beans or spaghetti which are strictly forbidden.

traditional red chili is any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with red chili peppers, various
                            spices and other ingredients. beans and non-vegetable fillers such as rice and pasta are not allowed.
                            preference is not given to either cut meat, ground meat, shredded meat or cubed meat.

pow pow!!!

Comment

Nice post, Raleigh!

Comment

Y’all are making me hungry with all these pictures, and I just ate a samich.

Comment

Working...
                                X