2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Shoot that sucker right between the eyes then he can be as wide as you need him to be!

Claw hammer works as well..that’s what I’ve heard anyways[emoji57]. He broke his skull fighting and you put him out of his misery

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Zero acorns, cold weather, and almost no deer movement this morning. Makes no freaking sense. And whats weirder is how there doesn’t even seem to be any does around.
      They have been absolutely destroying the feed on our place since mid December.

Comment

Almost a white out here for last hour. None even sticking to itself yet. I could go with pigeon toed assassin to the insulated tower with heater and hot coco... but I don’t have a good feeling about wide open appearance in this weather. I think we are going to plan B. A pop up on a ridge in a good thick wind break. Visibility will be about 50 yards at best but last I checked had lots of doe in there. All shooters are broke all to heck or shot. Might be a spike or something. We need 2 more deer to make it through so I told her it’s all on you. If I call it legal and you got a shot here, kill it and we will move on after 1 of 2 big bucks I still got located with horns left

Comment

Coming down in Palestine! Wish I was there
          Attached Files

Comment

Heck of an evening. Caught my trespasser red handed and solved the mystery of why all these no. Pressures deer went nocturnal. So mad I tore the side off blind getting out &@$^%#

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Heck of an evening. Caught my trespasser red handed and solved the mystery of why all these no. Pressures deer went nocturnal. So mad I tore the side off blind getting out &@$^%#
              In for the...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by low fence View Post
                heck of an evening. Caught my trespasser red handed and solved the mystery of why all these no. Pressures deer went nocturnal. So mad i tore the side off blind getting out &@$^%#
                [ATTACH]1035848[/ATTACH]

Comment

Had hogs dumped a few weeks ago. And on cr too. Always tracks going through field. I knew in my gut it was him, and called and chatted him up without accusing him, but made it know I’d catch whoever it was. His sons in my daughters class and they are good friends, so I’m trying to extend mercy. The tracks stopped as soon as I questioned him which he denied and admitted to I. The same sentence several times. And he traps and sells hogs... all dumped were too small to sell or too small a catch to justify travel. It all just added up, but I figured he got it..
                  5:00 I hear an atv on us! And we are in the woods! I broke the zipper flying out of the blind. He turned around and had no choice but face me on the back of the property. Of course my daughter is in the blind and he had his son so I had to not let it get out of hand but I made it clear I’d had enough of him and I wasn’t sure how fast that sxs would go, but now was the time to find out. He was texting before I got home and again telling 1/2 truth that I already know the answers to. Typically hog dogger guy. Knows no boundaries, everything is accessible

I filed with the property authority what when on and they really wanted me to go forward cause he’s a pain to them. But it may bite me. I let him off for his sons sake and home his son seen what could have transpired for no reason at all. I kept my cool best I could, my daughter was pretty upset about it

Comment

The letter of the law is the letter of the law... if you’re not going to press charges on a poacher then with all due respect i wouldn’t say a GW needs to be confronted over a 12” deer... if your black an white then you’re black on white imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did he poach?

And I wouldn’t call a GW over a 9” deer ain’t my job. It ain’t their job to allow someone to break a law before it’s been broken. They have the right to use discretion after the fact.

I want to file on him and know I should. But I won’t because of his son. And I’ll take the fault and blame if it bites me. If I can teach 2 kids a lesson in mercy vs a 80lbs doe that is worth the trade to me
                      Last edited by Low Fence; 01-11-2021, 09:09 AM.

Comment

What did he poach?

And I wouldn’t call a GW over a 9” deer ain’t my job. It ain’t their job to allow someone to break a law before it’s been broken. They have the right to use discretion after the fact.

I want to file on him and know I should. But I won’t because of his son. And I’ll take the fault and blame if it bites me. If I can teach 2 kids a lesson in mercy vs a 80lbs doe that is worth the trade to me

So a game waster and multi time trespasser and illegal dumper get a pass, Is totally your prerogative, but to say a GW should be called down when using logical reasoning with proof of a deer. Then turn around and let a repeat offender slide just seems quite the contrary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What deer are you talking about? Or animal? To mu knowledge he hasn’t killed any illegal animal or wasted one?

Didn’t have a weapon in him to my knowledge. Can’t prove he dumped. It’s my strong opinion he did.

If I speed 4 over and get caught I deserve a ticket. He CAN let me go
                          If a 10 shoots a 12” deer he deserves a ticket, he CAN be let go
                          An officer CAN NOT make up his rules before hand that go against the law

Everyone has the right to wave an offense

My sons were forgiven, so why shouldn’t I use mercy as well? I handles the problem I believe and made it noted with correct authority so IF THERE is a next it will be handled differently

Comment

Come again?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm so confused.

Discretion or not? Or just when shot on a Tuesday full moon on every second leap year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What deer are you talking about? Or animal? To mu knowledge he hasn’t killed any illegal animal or wasted one?

Didn’t have a weapon in him to my knowledge. Can’t prove he dumped. It’s my strong opinion he did.

If I speed 4 over and get caught I deserve a ticket. He CAN let me go
                                If a 10 shoots a 12” deer he deserves a ticket, he CAN be let go
                                An officer CAN NOT make up his rules before hand that go against the law

Everyone has the right to wave an offense

My sons were forgiven, so why shouldn’t I use mercy as well? I handles the problem I believe and made it noted with correct authority so IF THERE is a next it will be handled differently

Bud, either your phone or your anger is making you type like Tnik, take a deep breath!

Comment

Working...
                                X