Dad's First Buck In Almost 20 Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad's First Buck In Almost 20 Years!

I am going to keep this as shorthand as I can, because I could definitely write a novel or two...
    But I'd like to extend big congratulations to my Padre on harvesting this beautiful, mature 7 point! This deer may not be the biggest, but it's a very special one because it is my dad's first buck in almost 20 years!
    My parents split up when I was 3 years old, and ever since then my dad had been a single parent raising both my little brother and myself. He began taking me hunting when I was 10 years old, I'm 25 now, and ever since then he always gave me the shooting opportunities. As I got older and began to hunt by myself he would pass on deer and would even tell me to sit in his spots if I wasn't seeing anything in order to try to give me the best chance at harvesting an animal. When I was in college, our time together in the woods decreased significantly due other activities that I had going on as well as dad working out of state on and off for the next several years. However, I am now blessed to be able to afford and be on an awesome lease in the hill country that I can take my dad to, with him being worry free of all the preparation duties that comes with getting ready for the season, where all he has to do is show up and hunt! I am so thankful to have a father who took the time and had the patience to take me hunting, and for sharing his passion for the outdoors with me that has become, more or less, an obsession! I hope that I can be half the father When I have children that he has been to my brother and I.
    I didn't post a picture of dad's kill last year, but the first picture is from this year and the second picture is his blackbuck from last year! He's gotten it done both years that I've been on this lease, and we are getting ready to make it 3 years in a row next year!
    Attached Files

Congrats to your dad !!

Comment

good write up and I cant wait to be in a place to take my dad and his two cousin that always let me tag on with then. Congrats to your dad

Comment

Good stuff all around. Congrats to your dad and to you too.

Comment

Way to go Dad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome.

Congratulations

Comment

That's awesome!

Your dad sounds like a good man .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good on you for paying back ! And congrats to your Dad !

Comment

Congratulations to you and your dad. I hope you and your dad have many more great hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Good stuff all around. Congrats to your dad and to you too.
                    ^

Comment

Awesome! Good times!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats sir

Comment

Sounds like he really stepped up to the plate for you. So glad y'all can enjoy time together.

Comment

Congrats to your dad...

Comment

Best thing I have read in a long time...

congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X