Spintech feeder plate help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spintech feeder plate help.

We have several spintech feeders and they all work good except for one. When I test it the plate spins well but it doesn't lower when it spins like the other ones.
    Anyone have this problem? I tried a new battery to no avail.

Thanks

Its probably your motor spinning the wrong direction. You may be able to reverse polarity to change the spin direction. A couple of mine wouldn’t. I had to buy a new motor.

Comment

Have you taken it apart and cleaned it? Make sure set screw is tight on motor?

Comment

Run them dry, no lubes. Contact cleaner and a small wire brush. The motor could be getting weak also ( not spinning fast enough )

Comment

The motor has to spin to the right. If it spins left it won’t work. It will do just like you described. Switch the positive with the negative on the battery. This should reverse polarity and spin the motor shaft in the opposite direction. If it doesn’t you will need a new motor. I had the same problem with some spare motors that wouldn’t change direction even when switching polarity. A new motor solved my problem.

Comment

Thanks. The spinner is spinning the correct way. It seems to spin fast enough. Maybe I'll try a new motor and see if it spins even faster.

Comment

Check the spinner plate and make sure the small bolts are thre that attach to the motor plate and the spinner plate Mine have a tendency to have the nuts back off and drop out causing the plate to barely spin enough to sling out the corn with just enough pressure from the motor plate against the spinner plate Oh like said before check your set too

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                Thanks. The spinner is spinning the correct way. It seems to spin fast enough. Maybe I'll try a new motor and see if it spins even faster.
                You could confirm or eliminate that quick by taking that plate to one of the other units you have working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  You could confirm or eliminate that quick by taking that plate to one of the other units you have working fine.
                  May do that. Thanks. Kinda hard when they are full of corn though.

Comment

Actually it's not hard. Just stuff a rag up into the funnel, then take the plate off and pull the rag out. I do it all the time with my Eliminator spin plates because they are always getting gummed up and I have to take them off to get them cleaned good.

Comment

Have you tried manually spinning the plate to compress the spring?? I just bought two of these units / feeders from Spintech that were on sale 1/2 price...they had been sitting out for a while & both off the spinning mechanisms (spring / screw) needed a good cleaning & could feel some crud when I first checked them. Hold the shaft & turn the plate to compress. Maybe you just have an obstruction??

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty5 View Post
                        Check the spinner plate and make sure the small bolts are thre that attach to the motor plate and the spinner plate Mine have a tendency to have the nuts back off and drop out causing the plate to barely spin enough to sling out the corn with just enough pressure from the motor plate against the spinner plate Oh like said before check your set too
                        I have one that I put on a road feeder just a few months ago. The nuts have starred washers under them, but the nuts still loosened and came off.
                        I replaced the nuts & washers with nylon insert nuts.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_192919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	346.8 KB
ID:	24640865
                        The new nuts are larger diameter than the old ones, but it all seems to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_193023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	24640866

Comment

I had to do the above repair on 2 spin tech plates this season.

1 has already broken past the original parts rusting out. I will be putting eliminator plates on next.

Comment

I use a couple pieces of duct tape over the nozzle when I have to work on a full feeder. Just have to be quick in the first piece placement.

Comment

I fixed those problem on 2 of my feeders when I switched to Eliminator plates.

Comment

Working...
                              X