No announcement yet.

Bee Cave, TX Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Business Brewery on Hamilton Pool Road is only 8 minutes from Bee Cave.

Cafe Blue in the Galleria for some Fine Steak and Seafood.

Cafe Blue Classic Seafood Restaurants and Oyster Bars are local favorites - located in downtown Austin at 2nd and Trinity by the Convention Center and in the Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave.

If you got time to kill, you can take the Water Taxi across Lake Travis from and go to the Gnarly Gar.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      I grew up out there. It's not really a town, just a suburb of Austin. We used to drive 15 minutes to eat at Barbara Ellen's, Rosies, or Springhill Cafe. Those were pretty much the only businesses out there other than a couple of gift shops and a neat little nursery, Living Desert Cactus.
      Now it's solid shopping centers, restaurants and apartments.

No one has mentioned Schmidt Family Barbecue. It's next door to Sportsman's Finest (also a neat place to check out.) I like Schmidts better than Opies.
      You forgot Billy Bob's and the Branding Iron. I really miss the Branding Iron and Springhill café. Darrel relocated the Living Desert further out 71 near Spicewood.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
        You forgot Billy Bob's and the Branding Iron. I really miss the Branding Iron and Springhill café. Darrel relocated the Living Desert further out 71 near Spicewood.
        Don't remember those. I do remember when The Backyard opened in the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
          Another vote for It's All Good BBQ.
          Best mac n cheese in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            Don't remember those. I do remember when The Backyard opened in the early 90s.
            Branding Iron was where the original Backyard opened. Right next to Barbara Ellens. And it was Jim Bob's not Billy Bob's. It was where the Planet K is now.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Samson; 07-13-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Do NOT speed if you're driving on 620 through Lakeway to get there. They love handing out tickets. With all the growth I certainly understand why. Some people still think you can still drive 60mph out there.

Comment

Another vote for Gnarly Gar, which can be great people watching. Living Desert is shutting down, as the owner recently had a stroke. My wife bought about $50B worth of cactus at their going out of business sale. I alone have funded his medical bills, I think. Cafe Blue is good for sure...my wife's favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                  Another vote for Gnarly Gar, which can be great people watching. Living Desert is shutting down, as the owner recently had a stroke. My wife bought about $50B worth of cactus at their going out of business sale. I alone have funded his medical bills, I think. Cafe Blue is good for sure...my wife's favorite.
                  That's too bad. We have a bunch of century plants from them growing all over the yard. I went there a few years ago and asked if he had any for sale. He said he only had a few small ones growing in the ground around the greenhouse. He popped them up and put them in a box and only charged me like $20 or something. They are pretty big now.

Comment

Casa de Montecristo for an evening vcigar

Comment

Working...
                    X