stone countertops North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stone countertops North Texas

I've run into some issues with our countertop installation. Looking for someone with experience in this line of work who might be able to answer a few questions at your convenience. Thanks in advance.

ttt

Comment

I know nothing but will be in your shoes soon we are planning on a kitchen update/remodel in our house soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        I know nothing but will be in your shoes soon we are planning on a kitchen update/remodel in our house soon.
        Based on my bad experience, I highly recommend that you:

1. View and approve your actual slab in person

2. Clarify, in writing, what kind of edge you want. I recommend providing pics.

3. Clarify, in writing, what kind of corner you want. I recommend providing pics.

4. Clarify, in writing, how much overhang you want to see.
        a. Relative to your cabinet drawers
        b. On your cabinet ends
        c. In comparison to your range that likely butts up next to your countertops.

5. Verify that the height of your range and countertop match in a manner that is acceptable to you.

6. If possible, view a recent job or two that your countertop contractor has done.

7. Evaluate whether your cabinets are out of square, possibly resulting in the wall behind your backsplash needing to be cut into.

Comment

Agreed. Those items should have been verified when the countertop man/woman came out to measure your cabinets, after they were installed.

Comment

Shudda bought 'em from Southwest Brick & Fireplace. I know a guy...

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              Well NOW you tell me lol...

ttt - have had some excellent help through a couple of pm's. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                Small world. I’m headed up there now for some brick samples.

Comment

Working...
                X