Classifieds observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds observation...

Has anyone else noticed that most threads with a simple “I’ll take it” reply get bumped back up because the sale fell through? I don’t think I have dealt with a committed buyer yet that didn’t ask multiple questions via PM. “I’ll take it” seems to mean “Don’t sell it to anyone else until I decide if I want it.”.......

"I'll take it ... depending on price, condition, and delivery logistics"

In other words, " Dibs until i decide IF i can take it". Yes. I've noticed as well.

Comment

I sent really reply to the post unless it is an item I really want at a great price then I will post on it and send a PM immediately.

Gary

Comment

Basically actual buyers make up <5% of communicators in the classifieds. Majority is noise and a tirekicker safe space.

Comment

Had it happen several times.

I’ll take it.

Then says wife’s says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep....I look at ease of transaction instead of first "I'll take it".....some folks get mad about it, life goes on.

Comment

I did say I will take it if as described once and I bought it later that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                Had it happen several times.

I’ll take it.

Then says wife’s says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I've never understood this. Whether for a lease or a "kitchen pass" for a weekend at the lease or . . .
                Even if it were true why would you say it in public.
                Don't shop if you don't have the money to spend.

Gary

Comment

Problems I have had is "I'll take it, if I can get a express from the GS". No issues there, but usually if it doesn't happen other interested parties usually move on. I've done it before as well, but I try not to if I can't pick it up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                    Problems I have had is "I'll take it, if I can get a express from the GS". No issues there, but usually if it doesn't happen other interested parties usually move on. I've done it before as well, but I try not to if I can't pick it up myself.
                    x2

Comment

I think there is a cretin unwritten etiquette that most of us try to fallow. Most sellers tend to honor a persons place in line. Simply saying "PM sent" usually suffices but in the last few years there seems to be little sacred ground. I think thats why guys call first dibs so quick. Kind of like buying a STIC knife on here. I would rather honor a guy that calls first dibs and give him a chance to buy before I'd sell to a guy that tried to skip over everyone else and send a PM without ever commenting on the thread. If all you want to do is sell to the first guy with the money there is always CL.

Comment

Noticed it as well

Comment

PigSticker64 got ROASTED for saying something similar a couple years ago. Guess his mistake was putting a rant ABOUT the classifieds in the classifieds section. There are even some from THIS thread that contributed but seem to be in agreement now.

For context, he was selling a bow and had several "I'll take it" guys back out after asking the questions they should've asked before committing to buy. Glad to see the majority of us are on the same page now.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-11-2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I’ll take it.

Sorry but I had to

Comment

I said the same thing to a fella last week and bought the same rifle a few days later when we could meet up. So it is not everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X