Scheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheels?

Passed by a Scheels location in The Colony set to open April 2020 yesterday. Went to their website and was surprised to see that they offer bows from companies like Matthews and Hoyt, which you would never see in Cabelas/Bass Pro. Anyone have any experience with this store?

They are mainly all up north. Good place. My wife's folks live in Loveland, Colorado where they just built one. Massive store with lots of stuff. It's like a Cabelas + Academy, so it has hunting/fishing/camping type gear along with lots of other sports gear as well.

That particular store even has an indoor ferris wheel.
    Last edited by Grizz83; 07-10-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Great stores

Comment

Yep, from up north. Been to one when I was up in Iowa previous. Pretty nice, wish we had one here.

Comment

I was in the Scheels in Loveland, Colorado a couple of years ago. Think Cabela's on steroids with a circus included. Massive operation.

Comment

Been to one in Fargo ND. Good prices and quality stuff from what I remember. they had Nightforce and Zeiss and high end rifles as well. And the people there seemed to know what they were talking about! That mighta been the biggest *******!

Comment

Great place.

Comment

I cant wait until it gets here. I am not a Bass Pro fan and since they took over cabelas and basically turned it into a BPS I dont care for it either. Scheels will put a hurtin on them I think.

Comment

Seeing the responses and browsing their site, I have no doubt they'll be the "Go-to" place in the Metroplex. Pretty excited to check them out - I dread going to Cabelas/Bass Pro/Field and Stream because of the selection and staff.

Comment

The are awesome and huge! When I was up at my in laws in Montana recently I went to the one there like 3 different times. Super cool outdoors store.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                      They are mainly all up north. Good place. My wife's folks live in Loveland, Colorado where they just built one. Massive store with lots of stuff. It's like a Cabelas + Academy, so it has hunting/fishing/camping type gear along with lots of other sports gear as well.

That particular store even has an indoor ferris wheel.

This store is supposed to have a ferris wheel also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                        This store is supposed to have a ferris wheel also.

I think most have that. The one in Billings, Montana has one and upstairs also had a two lane mini bowling alley. Pretty neat.

Comment

I like Scheels a lot. I was in Rapid City last week and stopped at the one there. They are kind of a cross between original Cabela’s and Academy but have high end hunting gear also. The one in Rapid has a couple of bowling lanes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stores. Can’t wait for the one in the Colony. Same drive time for me vs Bass Pro or Cabelas.

Comment

Scheel's is awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X