• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Do your parents know you’re on here? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seriously ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spaghetti and ground deer sauce with garlic bread is quite tasty.

Y'all fools trippin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Originally posted by marceco View Post
        Seriously ?

No, not seriously.
        You've been on here long enough to know this is a gathering place for smart arses.
        Last edited by Graysonhogs; 07-08-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          This is our go to meal when we serve food at the homeless shelter ( for daily bread ministry) and even the homeless people complain/ agree

Don’t overcook it and rinse after cooking it. Removes the starches that make
          It sticky. If they don’t like that, feed em fishheads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Graysonhogs; 07-08-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Of course.... plus no smelling like it going to the blind. Breakfast for us is post AM hunt or its an early lunch
            For us also... I usually bring a bunch of yard eggs n bacon as a base for breakfast... Love me some fried yard eggs fried in the bacon fat after you're done fryin' bacon!!

Comment

I was on the opposite end.
              Me and my Pops were invited on a mule deer hunt. We were to be in camp with a friends family for a week. We got Breakfast, another family had lunch and another had dinner.
              We bought the full works. Ate breakfast like kings.
              Lunch was hot dogs each day and busch beer
              Dinner was cold cuts and left over hot dogs. and busch beer.
              We got an invite back go figure. We made sure to ask what everyone else was bring so we could make sure we were sharing alike

Comment

He's probably not being cheap OP, just doesn't know how to eat. I've got some family like that, dinner for 20 years is hotdogs or microwave meals.

I like to eat good dinners but I've got friends who'll fish/camp with us that'll bring a box of crackers and cans of Chunky soup for the whole trip. I just get in the habit of packing nice dinners and sometimes I just eat once a day. I got a buddy who's always making big breakfasts so we pair well together. Even if we don't eat before a hunt or something he'll come back and we'll have a massive full course fresh breakfast at noon. lol

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Years ago a buddy shot a deer first one he ever shot early archery season we found it the next day temps in the 80’s his dad said it should be fine they then hung it to age in the sun for a day or two (it was full of maggots and stunk horrible). The next spring he brought deer chili for dinner after turkey hunting. The only deer killed by his family was the early season bow kill. It was a 30 mile drive for dinner that night.
                I'm pretty sure you win. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  No, not seriously.
                  You've been on here long enough to know this is a gathering place for smart arses.

[emoji23]

Sorry , it’s Monday - Long Weekend [emoji1783]

Comment

I ain't a fan of skeggs either, but one of our more popular dishes the wives send out is Lasagna... Now that stuff will stick to yore ribs! This is especially true when my wife makes hers... she used cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese ...some serious good right there!

Comment

The problem I had was buddy of mine would invite a large group of guys to his ranch for management deer and hog hunt several times a year. I reallyed appreciate the offer but there was another particular group of guys that would always come and only bring enough breakfast and lunch food for themselves. Me and My other buddy at the time would always buy steaks or pork chops for dinner with all the fixings for everybody for one night and other buddies would do the same for the second or third night.. The group I’m talking about didn’t have a problem eating our steaks but never bought food to feed us for lunch or breakfast or even dinner.
                      Last edited by ostey22; 07-08-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

If you aren't eating good at the deer camp you're doing it all wrong. And for the record a good doctored up spaghetti is a good meal for early season hunts before the time changes! Mushrooms, ground deer meat, and properly cooked noodles. Good stuff! We also like to fire up a crock pot right when we get there and keep some sort of beans ready to go at all times to ensure there are plenty fireworks all weekend!

Comment

Jalapeño / cheddar deer Sausage and tortillas is a go to for us. Preferably I’ll pick up some tortillas from the Mexican bakery but if their out HEB it is.

Comment

I like to bring simple meals. Less prep and cooking time equals more hunting and hanging out time. Also you don't fill up and have room for S'Mores and campfire pies ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by marceco View Post
                              [emoji23]

Sorry , it’s Monday - Long Weekend [emoji1783]

No worries

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                                The problem I had was buddy of mine would invite a large group of guys to his ranch for management deer and hog hunt several times a year. I reallyed appreciate the offer but there was another particular group of guys that would always come and only bring enough breakfast and lunch food for themselves. Me and My other buddy at the time would always buy steaks or pork chops for dinner with all the fixings for everybody for one night and other buddies would do the same for the second or third night.. The group I’m talking about didn’t have a problem eating our steaks but never bought food to feed us for lunch or breakfast or even dinner.
                                Simple solution... Steaks and pork chops for breakfast. Better yet save the leftovers mix with some scrambled eggs and wrap in a tortilla. Your out six bucks. There is absolutely no reason to go hungry or be miserable at any camp and it’s really not that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X