No announcement yet.

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m with you OP, it goes a little deeper than most look into it. The guy was invited once and saw how you like to eat at deer camp. He was invited to shoot a deer for free. One helluva way to thank your host is to splurge a little and make sure you bring some top-end food. Cook and clean during the entire trip while you’re there.

I bring friends often and have been on both sides. In no way do I expect such things, but it’s dang nice when it happens. It’s also a great way to be welcomed back in the future.

At bare minimum he should have brought the same types of things you brought the first time you took him.

Comment

He didn't bring mayonnaise. All is good

Comment

I'm just glad our 1st world problems are still rampant!!! I enjoy either way.....its about being in that stand, with snacks of course!!![emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Well last time I invited him to come hunting, he insisted on bringing the food for the weekend, it was a precooked broasted chicken , a can of beans and some canned corn, next morning it was a box of powdered doughnuts for breakfast
          And lunch was a loaf of white bread a pack of bologna and a jar of yellow mustard ( no cheese or chips ) , I looked in his ice chest and dinner would have been
          Earl Campbell hot links and a pack of tortillas, yellow mustard
          I was reading this and was thinking, man this sounds like my dad, and then I read the bold part. That is exactly what my father would do (same sausages too).

And yeah, lame.

Comment

Did he at least bring some cigars & whiskey? If not I can send you my contact info when you need some nilgai killed

Comment

I bet he’s a natural light guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Shots fired!

Comment

Sounds like your friend is on the Ramsey plan, diversifying his financial interests in IRAs and 401ks, and feels like any and all luxuries, food included, are financial liabilities. So therefore, the thought of forking out an extra 20 bones for a few steaks will greatly hinder his future wealth.

At least he didn't bring Beenie Weenies...

Comment

High maintenance folks around here

Comment

Other than the bag of powdered donuts, sounds delicious. But I wouldn’t throw dirt at your steaks either.

Comment

Better than spam samwiches. Wait I like spam samwitches with mustard and onions.

Comment

Deer camps have come a long ways from the late 50's to the early 60's. My Dad could not boil water, but my mom packed lots of bread and bologna for my older brother and I. We also stayed in tents.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
                            I would rather hunt than eat personally. Some dried sausage and crackers and a can of peaches and I’m set.

I don’t leave the house to eat good my wife is a jam up cook so if I leave to the hunting grounds I’m hunting something
                            You sound like a terrible guest to invite, unless your jam up cook wife sent you down with something to heat up
                            I would just as soon turn down a hunt as a guest to a nice place to kill a free animal or not offer to pay of gas and ice on someone else boat , then show up with out some thing decent to eat and a bottle or two of my host favorite brand of whiskey as a token of appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                              No Milwaukee best , but not till nothing else is left

Comment

I loved being a kid and hunting with my dad. He'd pick me up from school at lunchtime and we'd stop by the store. We bought bread, bologna, mustard, Pringles, vienna sausages, sardines in a can, smoked oysters, crackers, pork skins, powdered donuts, honey buns, and plenty of RC cola.

The other day, my mom told me that he has a favorite sushi....the same man described above. What in the cornbread hell?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X