No announcement yet.

2019 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on the regulation change of them adding doe days during gun season next year for these counties is going to get passed? http://orwma.org/wp-content/uploads/...Supplement.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Any word on the regulation change of them adding doe days during gun season next year for these counties is going to get passed? http://orwma.org/wp-content/uploads/...Supplement.pdf

You can count on it passing. Seeing some great deer already. We let quite a few 5.5 year olds go last year and they are blowing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Falls Golf course had quite a few axis deer hanging out there basically as pets back in the day.
        Since the course / resort has closed the deer may have turned nomadic....

Comment

Fawns are hitting the ground in northern Washington county. Been seeing a few small bucks the deer look good thanks to the rain. Unfortunately, the hogs are becoming a huge problem again. I was running seven traps and caught a bunch. Managed to make the first cutting of hay. Since then the hogs are making a mess of my hay fields.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
            My Dad & I went up last weekend to mess around for a bit. Saw two dead fawns on 389 & another dead one on our property. Definitely been getting some rain over there. The new pond has already overflowed a few times, so we're thinking about extending it long ways since it hasn't had any problems catching water.
            I almost hit 2 small fawns crossing 389 near wolfe rd. Didn’t see mama but she probably wasn’t far. At least they made safely across.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Just read this at https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/rel...?req=20190402a

In 21 counties in south central Texas, hunters will be able to harvest antlerless deer from Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28, through Sunday, Dec. 1. The counties include: Austin, Bastrop, Caldwell, Colorado, Dewitt, Fayette, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Lavaca, Lee, Waller, Washington, and Wilson. In addition to these counties, Goliad, Jackson, Victoria, and Wharton counties north of U.S. Highway 59 and Comal, Hays, and Travis east of IH-35. The bag limit on antlerless deer in these counties is two, and hunters are reminded that all doe harvests during archery, muzzleloader, youth-only seasons, and the 4-day doe season are required to be reported within 24 hours through the TPWD website or the My Hunt Harvest mobile app. The four doe days are not for properties enrolled in the Managed Lands Deer Permit (MLDP) program.

Comment

Due to unforeseen event it sounds like I might not be able to hunt on our family land in the Praha area of Fayette county, anyone have any leasing leads in this part of the county?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Checked the game cameras after 3 weeks. A group of does every few days and an ever expanding raccoon family. Bucks are MIA for most of the summer. Starting to get dry so maybe the bucks start coming out of their hiding spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                    Checked the game cameras after 3 weeks. A group of does every few days and an ever expanding raccoon family. Bucks are MIA for most of the summer. Starting to get dry so maybe the bucks start coming out of their hiding spots.

Have put my cams out for the same reason. Usually September time frame the bucks start to show up for us. Had does all summer. Been nice seeing them every day. They have thoroughly enjoyed the plots I planted for them a few months ago. Hoping the bucks will come partake in them before I plant oats in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We planted a plot last year but the neighbor’s cows busted the fence and mowed it down. What did you plant for the summer? You plant straight oats for the fall?

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                        We planted a plot last year but the neighbor’s cows busted the fence and mowed it down. What did you plant for the summer? You plant straight oats for the fall?

Milo, sunflowers, cow peas and a spring mix.

Im going to plant 7+ acres this year, so thinking oats, wheat, rye grass, and maybe some sort of clover.

Comment

following

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Im going to plant 7+ acres this year, so thinking oats, wheat, rye grass, and maybe some sort of clover.
                            Skip the rye grass and plant cereal rye. I plant the same blend, does well.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                              Skip the rye grass and plant cereal rye. I plant the same blend, does well.

Will do. Thank you sir.

Comment

Getting to be that time...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X