Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riley is loading them up as we speak. However, I try to refrain from beating my chest about the commitments due to the fact many are just place holders until they get a better deal. # Reassurance

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Riley is loading them up as we speak. However, I try to refrain from beating my chest about the commitments due to the fact many are just place holders until they get a better deal. # Reassurance

Several head 2 heads nearing a decision and a couple committed kids are flirting. May or may not get interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        As nervous as fishing next to someone in a hoodie in June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Or as nervous with Lee Mallet on your board of supervisors . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Yes there are a few (shush kids) that should go public in the near future. The only recruiting TH should concern himself with is North of the Red. Lincoln is reeling them in!
          Serious question - because I don't keep up with OU recruiting at all.

Does/has/will Riley taking transfer QBs every year hurt him in recruiting at that position? How many HS kids are looking at Riley's history of bringing in hot shot transfers? Why would a stud HS QB want to go ride the bench for a year or two only to get beat out by the latest greatest disgruntled inbound transfer?

Has it or will it have a negative affect on his ability to recruit a QB organically?

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            Serious question - because I don't keep up with OU recruiting at all.

Does/has/will Riley taking transfer QBs every year hurt him in recruiting at that position? How many HS kids are looking at Riley's history of bringing in hot shot transfers? Why would a stud HS QB want to go ride the bench for a year or two only to get beat out by the latest greatest disgruntled inbound transfer?

Has it or will it have a negative affect on his ability to recruit a QB organically?

When you’re popping out #1 draft picks at qb Riley can spin that easily...

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              When you’re popping out #1 draft picks at qb Riley can spin that easily...

Are dad's of hot shot QBs out there thinking that it's a poor choice to go to OU unless you are already a '2nd or 3rd year, in the Heisman discussion'.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                Are dad's of hot shot QBs out there thinking that it's a poor choice to go to OU unless you are already a '2nd or 3rd year, in the Heisman discussion'.
                I am sure that has occurred to them, but Riley can easily combat it by saying he hasn't had a stud QB that was ready to play and he needed these guys to bridge the gap while his young dudes got ready. After Hurts, that probably isn't the case as Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler will have had a little time in the system.

And, as mentioned above, putting up crazy numbers, winning Heisman's, and getting drafted in the first round is pretty attractive to high school athletes.

Now, if Rattler wins the job and looks like a stud as a RS freshman, that might make QB recruiting more difficult.

Comment

OU has the #1 QB in the 2019 class and the #1 QB committed in the 2021 class. Rent a QB doesn’t seem to be hurting them.

Comment

Of the last 19 5 star QBs 11 have transferred. Heard that on the radio.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Broughton staying close or Going to Buckeye land !

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Is Broughton staying close or Going to Buckeye land !
                        If you're looking to place a bet. Put your money on the Aggies.

Comment

I'll be watching a few of them out in Frisco here next week

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            OU has the #1 QB in the 2019 class and the #1 QB committed in the 2021 class. Rent a QB doesn’t seem to be hurting them.

Riley better add on to the QB room!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                              Riley better add on to the QB room!
                              Nope. Whichever ones don't start immediately will transfer. It's the new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                Nope. Whichever ones don't start immediately will transfer. It's the new thing.

Yep. It will be closer to the norm going forward.....I would say he was ahead of the curve in that aspect

Comment

Working...
                                X