Spypoint camera in Sportsman's Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    Open your app and click on status. Click on the signal strength bars 5 times. Ignore the little pop up.

A few seconds after you click on it the 5th time a different pop up will come up and it will indicate what tower that camera is connecting to.

You can google the LTE *** *** shown and see what tower it’s on to make sure it’s connecting to an AT&T tower if your Camera is AT&T or Verizon if your camera is Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It's the ine that hits in any cell tower

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      It's the ine that hits in any cell tower

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      That may be why it’s hit & miss then. No idea about that version other than I see it’s connecting to 3g instead of 4g LTE.

My first two Verizon models kept trying to connect to AT&T or TMobile towers. They sent me new SIM cards and it didn’t fix it. After about 6 weeks of messing around with I had them send me two new ones. So far they seem to be working ok. They are at least connecting to Verizon towers consistently.

Comment

We just put our first one out today. Hopefully I'll have info before too long

Comment

Trailcampro has them for $149. Free two day shipping and if you create an account you get $10 off..... so 139. If you buy from them use my link please so I get reward points. http://i.refs.cc/bkf3lxLj

Comment

http://i.refs.cc/bkf3lxLj?smile_ref=...ozMDc4NjM2MDR9 $10 off using that link

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
              We just put our first one out today. Hopefully I'll have info before too long
              Awesomeness......as of this thread I ain't very confident this is the cameras for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Awesomeness......as of this thread I ain't very confident this is the cameras for me.

Go with Covert and don't look back!

Comment

I like the option to get 100 free pics for the off season months or places you wont get many pics. And 10 bucks a month for unlimited isnt bad for a year subscription. Another neat thing is being able to control when the camera actually operates. Daily timeframes can be set different .

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Go with Covert and don't look back!
                    A lot of complaints on them from TBHers also......maybe those bugs have been corrected. [emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

Both (Covert and Spypoint) have been pretty reliable and pretty easy to use, but I prefer the Spypoint. Quality of photos seem about the same. I will not put these on a deer feeder though. Too many pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2478.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	24583673
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2477.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24583674

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
                        Another neat thing is being able to control when the camera actually operates. Daily timeframes can be set different .

That’s a pretty standard feature on cameras these days.

Comment

My Spypoint has been good from day one! Good solid camera and even better customer service! I just recently had mine get completely infested with ants which rendered it useless, Spypoint sent me a brand new replacement! This camera was 2yrs old....top notch service right there! They’ll continue to get my business!

Comment

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
                            Both (Covert and Spypoint) have been pretty reliable and pretty easy to use, but I prefer the Spypoint. Quality of photos seem about the same. I will not put these on a deer feeder though. Too many pictures.

[ATTACH]961501[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]961502[/ATTACH]

Jim, does this Spypoint not give you the ability to set a longer time between pics to cut down on number of pics being sent?

Comment

Just returned one as well as the new Moultrie cell cam. Couldn’t get either to connect. Call customer service on both said something is wrong with the camera. Think I’m done with cell cameras for now.

Comment

posted another thread on equipment and tuning about these, missed this one... oops. i was thinking of trying them out. for the price they seem like a big hit or miss. i know where i hunt ATT gets good service, so much so ive almost switched to cricket monthly just to get decent signal in the woods haha. on acdemys website they seem to only have verizon and nationwide?? idk if nationwide is ATT or what.

Comment

Working...
                                X