No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pulled up to camp, yea AT&T is the only service that works here where we are

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jaime are you out off cr350? We might be neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
        Jaime are you out off cr350? We might be neighbors
        Yes I just started taking 350 in to camp, used to use 310.

It's so misty out here. Trying to hunt this hilltop bottom and can't hardly see.

Comment

Slow on our place. Heard a couple of shots on the neighbors place.

Comment

Good luck fellas.. wish I was at my lease in Leakey. Wife has a girlfriend coming in, so I’m earning brownie points. Next weekend I’ll be at Timberlake Ranch, then every weekend after that I’ll be at the lease. Have y’all been seeing rut activity ?

Comment

I hunt just North of Leakey about 10 min off 83. Between work and the hot weather, decided to wait until next weekend. Interested to know how this weekend goes from all that hunted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a doe and spike so far, some young doe and young bucks got passed on. Very warm. I'm in shorts .

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  Yes I just started taking 350 in to camp, used to use 310.

It's so misty out here. Trying to hunt this hilltop bottom and can't hardly see.

Jamie I’m off 310 in deer valley, I didn’t know 350 went into the subdivision. You in turkey ridge?

Comment

Another mild, very misty slow morning. I haven't even heard a shot from anywhere.

Wonder if the deer forgot to change their clocks.....

Comment

Heading home from Edwards Co lease.. Got passed by a white tundra with a bowhunter sticker on the passenger side.. any of you guys? About 2.5 hours ago on 377 heading towards Rocksprings

Between my dad and I we have an axis doe in the cooler.. which is sweet! Saw a nice 8pt at my feeder but he needs 1 or 2 more years, beautiful buck though!

Comment

I'm hunting this funnel between elevations and man it's slow.

Comment

Real County

We didn’t even hunt this morning, my son and I hunted yesterday and did not see a deer. We had to turn the feeders down because the corn was stacking up. Acorns everywhere, never seen anything like it. 7-Miles West of Leakey on 337.
                          Lots of animals on camera at night all of a sudden with no pressure on them, maybe it’s just the moon.

Comment

We had deer at the feeders but they did not hang around too long. All of the bucks that were on camera in September regularly are very sporadic now. I hope it turns on by thanksgiving.

Comment

I wasn't able to go. But my dad got this guy Sunday morning. He was 100yd behind a doe. But not chasing her or anything. No chasing seen. Just scrapes and rubs. Good pre-rut activity. Rattling is somewhat productive.

We hunt west of RS, north side of 377.

AT&T is the only thing that works and we get get good LTE in spots.

A WT doe was also taken and a few hogs.

Hunts started slow. Then Sunday evening it really picked up. My dad saw 24 different deer that evening. And my buddy saw 11 Monday morning.

Buck went 152lb on the hoof. 4.5yr old 9pt

One of the heaviest bucks we've seen in the 3 years we've been on the place. We've increased protein feeding every year. Put out 30,000# this summer on 3200acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot this one Saturday evening in northern Edwards County, about 15 miles north of Rocksprings. He was chasing a doe.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X