Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    No derail. I was fixing to ask the same question!
    Mines 31'
    My 5.4l 3v pulls it without any strain.....
    EB supposedly better

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
      I have a 19 with 34,000 miles, average 15-17 mpg, 80% highway. Awesome truck and big fuel tank offsets the poor mileage!

Do you drive it with the skinny pedal on the floor?
      My dealership rolled a brand new one off the trailer and handed me the keys as a loaner while mine was in the shop. Drove it for almost a week 180 miles a day and averaged 21. Best mileage was cruising 75 and got 23 on highway.

This was a 2019 f150 supercrew STX with the xlt appearance package, 4wd, Fx4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a ‘19 2.7 eco, crew, stx, 2wd. Love it! Get 22 mpg in bumper to bumper stop and go every morning traffic. Heading ice fishing to ND in a few weeks, can’t wait to see how it does with cruise on for extended times.

Comment

cool thing is it is as strong at 11,000 feet as it is on the beach.

Comment

If your aren’t pulling any really big trailer loads it’s hard to beat. An eco boost with a 3.73 reared will pull anything you put behind it. Your just limited to controlling it with the 1/2 ton chassis. I had a 2012 crew cab with the 6.5’ bed. I loved that truck. My wife has a 2019 exposition xl with the ecoboost, it will flat haul *** and gets really good mileage. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to get another one. If I were you I would get one with the 6.5’ bed, they will be tougher to find used but that extra 1’ make a would of difference especially if you put a tool box in the bed or haul much stuff on trips. Most 1/2 ton crew cabs have the 5.5’ bed
            Last edited by KactusKiller; 12-05-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I would buy it. Just don't expect 20 MPG. The gauge may say that, but hand calc will be closer to 18. Also, get the camper shell. Hands down the best investment I made in my truck after the delete.

Comment

Are you talking about getting the 2.7 or the 3.5? I don’t know anyone getting that kind of MPG with the 3.5. 2.7 will get that though.

Comment

Stock wheels/tires yes good mileage and power. If you ever go bigger, it kills it on the ecoboosts. Had a company truck awhile back, when I kept getting flats I stepped up to 33s 10 ply, it was a totally different truck then..

Just buy my 18 Z71 Silverado, make you a good deal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex1986 View Post
                    I’ve been researching this truck heavily myself. From what I’ve researched they seem to be very solid trucks. I would prefer the max tow package and 3.73 rear end.
                    I would be very interested in hearing the weight of loads people are hauling. We just bought a 30’ bumper pull travel trailer with a 6,200 lb dry weight and 920 lb tongue weight. I’m afraid our trailer is a little to much for this truck. I don’t want to be white knuckled when I pull. Not to derail the op but I would like to hear comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    The most I’ve towed with my eco was my mule pro and a 5x7 box blind on an 18 foot trailer together. The truck pulled the load well but the resistance from the wind will really pull the truck around on the road. Another thing was stopping power.. the trailer has brakes and it still was a little sketchy when needing to slow down quickly. If I towed anything more I would go back to a f250. I had one prior to the f150 and obviously it towed much better. With the price of new f150’s I don’t see myself getting another one over a 250, even if I don’t tow much.

Comment

I've got a 2019 STX FX4 2.7 with 12k miles already. Gas mileage not that great at about 18mpg and I don't have a heavy foot. Rides nice, drives nice.

Comment

I own a 2018 F150 FX4 XLT, 3.5 EcoBoost, 10 speed trans, max tow with 3.53 rear end, 6.5 foot bed with an ARE topper; otherwise it is stock. I get ~16.5 to 17 mpg with most driving on the highway and probably loaded with a couple hundred pounds of gear. If I drive 65 mph with an unloaded truck maybe around 20 mpg but I haven't done that in a long time.

I recently pulled a 22 foot tandem axle trailer with a total weight of around 6500 pounds to Kansas and back, the truck pulled the weight easily and stopping was not more of an issue than you will have with pulling any trailer when the trailer brakes are adjusted and working properly. I got about 7 mpg on the highway on this trip. I don't know how it will pull a camper with its large side profile in a crosswind. If I was going to tow a lot I would move up in truck size.

John

Comment

I love my 3.5 ecoboost 4x4. Not a single issue out of it and tons of room compared to my GMC 2500 crew cab.

Ford offers several rear end gear ratios, your mileage will be dependent on what rear end you have and how you drive. I have a 2015 F-150 w/max tow package (3.55 gears with electric locking differential). If you drive moderately, the lower geared trucks will get better mileage on average because you can get up to speed with little help from the turbo. I have several friends with higher ratios and they don't get as good of mileage when driving around town or in traffic but get better mileage when driving straight highway.

I average 18.5 - 19.2 (hand) driving from the Lake Houston area to the Galleria every day. On long trips I will get 20+ mpg every time. With a turbo you have to change your driving style to get better mileage. If you are in the throttle enough to build significant boost levels all the time you will get worse mileage. This was true on my tuned F-250 as well. The truck starts increasing fuel supplied as the turbo boost increases and that is when your mileage drops off.

Comment

Buy a Chevrolet. That should be enough

But after reading some of the posts, that Ford looks promising
                            Last edited by sbushee; 12-05-2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Lifetime mileage on my '12, 3.5L is 15.6mpg.
                              My dad's V8 gets way better.

Comment

Talk you out of it.....

It's a Ford...nuff said

Comment

Working...
                                X