Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hump Day Edition…What Happened Here? Tough One??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart shot.

Comment

That’s a tough one, my initial impression was too far forward. I’m going with hurting but alive and ****** off!

Comment

Heck, looks like a miss on my phone. Maybe nicked his leg.

Comment

Hump Day Edition…What Happened Here? Tough One??

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          forward shot missed vitals. Pig is alive and will be back.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Jeff, thanks for the hint... reviewed it again at .25 speed... Not only is the arra dragging and hit the bush, but follow him along as he runs off... it's slapping the grass as far as the video runs... I am now not sure on the hit... slowing it down so slow it is apparent that the arra did hit him and hit him hard, but the lighted nock disappears mighty forward in the last frame it is visible... like maybe mid neck (1/2 way between skull and shoulder... Elevation looks to be lower 1/3... should still hit all kinds of vessels with that broadhead in that area, and since it obviously remained in the hog, it should have been dicing and slicing with every swipe of it hitting the ground/bushes as he ran off... don't see how it would not have been quickly fatal... ?? Still, don't know... You need to paint your arras white since you're shootin' dark colored hogs!!

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
          I am only about 50/50 on these things but they are fun exercises. I don't think you found that pig. Hit too high because he jumped so much. Especially after the hint you gave.

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
          Thanks for the hint.

I'm changing my guess. I think it hit him in one of the large bones in the leg. Stuck in him for a short while, long enough to disturb that brush on his way out, and he's alive. Not a fatal shot and now he walks with a limp.

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          I am batting 0 this season but will step up to the plate one more time. After watching several times and even digesting the hint that you have given us I am going to say that he is hanging out with Big Nappy and they’re comparing scars.

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
          That’s a tough one, my initial impression was too far forward. I’m going with hurting but alive and ****** off!

These fellas here are correct! Specifically those that said sore and he will be back. He has been and seems no worse for the wear. It took two days for me to see him again. I will hunt him tonight.

Here is what I know. The shot was forward and got about 6" of penetration. After he ran by that initial little bush, he ran by a larger tree. That's where I heard the arrow snap. I found the arrow there on the ground and with a small amount of blood on the broken shaft. The only blood I found is in the photo below. Otherwise...not a drop

I think he rolled left and my arrow hit leg and came out in front of the same leg. Hopefully I'll get him tonite and we can check for sure. Honestly, after I felt the arrow leave the bow and saw the hit...I literally said to myself "smoked!" WRONG!!!

Here's the broken arrow tree and THE ONLY blood I found.

Last edited by Fishndude; 06-22-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Wow, I thought he was for sure dead! Thanks for doing these.

Comment

We all know how tough the hogs are but getting a good vision of how tough you really are if you can sit very long in this heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                These fellas here are correct! Specifically those that said sore and he will be back. He has been and seems no worse for the wear. It took two days for me to see him again. I will hunt him tonight.

Here is what I know. The shot was forward and got about 6" of penetration. After he ran by that initial little bush, he ran by a larger tree. That's where I heard the arrow snap. I found the arrow there on the ground and with a small amount of blood on the broken shaft. The only blood I found is in the photo below. Otherwise...not a drop

I think he rolled left and my arrow hit leg and came out in front of the same leg. Hopefully I'll get him tonite and we can check for sure. Honestly, after I felt the arrow leave the bow and saw the hit...I literally said to myself "smoked!" WRONG!!!

Here's the broken arrow tree and THE ONLY blood I found.

Ruined my reply. I wanted to be da 1st to say, Din go 20!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought for sure you drilled him. Good luck tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    Thought for sure you drilled him. Good luck tonight!

What sold it for me was that it looked like the pig was quartering away a bit.

Comment

Hey hey hey! Mike, Mike, Mike! Anybody know what day it is? It's Hump Day!

Hey, wait-a-minute! Hump day was yesterday, Tuesday! Let me explain.

Example:
                      Saturday, Sunday, And Monday being the first 3 days.

Tuesday being Hump Day, the middle day till Friday.

Then Wensday, Thursday, and finally, Friday.

See now?

Now, the best to ya on the day after, Hump Day, on get-n him.

Comment

Well Jeff I was only partly right. I sure thought that hit was enough in the lower neck enough to cut his throat‼️

Comment

I was talking about your next shot

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Well Jeff I was only partly right. I sure thought that hit was enough in the lower neck enough to cut his throat‼️
                            Ahhh. Ok I misunderstood

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                            I was talking about your next shot
                            Lmao! I hope you’re right.

No luck tonite so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Hey hey hey! Mike, Mike, Mike! Anybody know what day it is? It's Hump Day!

Hey, wait-a-minute! Hump day was yesterday, Tuesday! Let me explain.

Example:
                              Saturday, Sunday, And Monday being the first 3 days.

Tuesday being Hump Day, the middle day till Friday.

Then Wensday, Thursday, and finally, Friday.

See now?

Now, the best to ya on the day after, Hump Day, on get-n him.
                              Ok while Jeff is sitting in the sun trying to get another shot at Little Nappy let’s talk about Hump Day actually being relative to your particular work week. In general most people work Monday through Friday with Wednesday being the middle Hump day. My work week is Wednesday through Sunday so my Hump Day is actually on Friday. Absolutely none of what I just said really means a hill of beans but we’re waiting on Jeff to kill a pig so I’m just killing time. I’m Just glad we’re not waiting on him to kill a Turkey !!

Comment

Hahaha!! And a double barrel, middle finger salute to you mister.

No luck tonite. Probably too cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X