Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hump Day Edition…What Happened Here? Tough One??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a low(ish) hit but a kill. Bottom of the vitals, good blood trail, dead pig in under 70 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Nicked one lung. Long blood trail that petered out.
      YMMV!!!!!!
      YMMV?? You lost me there.

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
      Dead hog ! Ran 47.8 yds. (On a side note, you need to do a little weed pulling around your feeder !!)
      Yard work is for home and Smart's OCD asz!

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      looks like a good shot but my question is, is that feeder made out of an old washing machine
      It's an old Moultrie. Can't believe you've never seen one.

Ok, I don't usually give hints but yall need some help here... watch the bush on the right as he runs by

Comment

Good shot, pig down in 60.

Comment

Dead hog, 75 yd tracking job.

Comment

YMMV....Your Mileage May Very

AKA: My opinion is probably wrong!

Comment

forward shot missed vitals. Pig is alive and will be back.

Comment

He rolled hard on the shot, but the elevated angle was to your benefit. Smashed both lungs and heart. Arrow is shattered. Massive blood trail. Dead piggie within 30 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jeff, thanks for the hint... reviewed it again at .25 speed... Not only is the arra dragging and hit the bush, but follow him along as he runs off... it's slapping the grass as far as the video runs... I am now not sure on the hit... slowing it down so slow it is apparent that the arra did hit him and hit him hard, but the lighted nock disappears mighty forward in the last frame it is visible... like maybe mid neck (1/2 way between skull and shoulder... Elevation looks to be lower 1/3... should still hit all kinds of vessels with that broadhead in that area, and since it obviously remained in the hog, it should have been dicing and slicing with every swipe of it hitting the ground/bushes as he ran off... don't see how it would not have been quickly fatal... ?? Still, don't know... You need to paint your arras white since you're shootin' dark colored hogs!!

Comment

I think dead pig. Entry looked good but he was ducking and turning when it hit. Maybe forward on the exit. And, the branch moves when he took off so he had some arrow hanging out of him on the entry side. Maybe stuck in opposite shoulder???

Comment

I am only about 50/50 on these things but they are fun exercises. I don't think you found that pig. Hit too high because he jumped so much. Especially after the hint you gave.

Comment

Dead pig, short blood trail.

Comment

I think he is hurt bad too.

you know one thing that is clear in all of these pig episodes, is that they will jump the string....aim low boys

Comment

Thanks for the hint.

I'm changing my guess. I think it hit him in one of the large bones in the leg. Stuck in him for a short while, long enough to disturb that brush on his way out, and he's alive. Not a fatal shot and now he walks with a limp.

Comment

I am batting 0 this season but will step up to the plate one more time. After watching several times and even digesting the hint that you have given us I am going to say that he is hanging out with Big Nappy and they’re comparing scars.

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
                                Dead hog ! Ran 47.8 yds. (On a side note, you need to do a little weed pulling around your feeder !!)
                                Agree on both accounts! Haha.

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X