No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico possibly could be releasing results tomorrow but most likely Next Wed.. Whichever it is I am ready to see the results..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      New Mexico possibly could be releasing results tomorrow but most likely Next Wed.. Whichever it is I am ready to see the results..

Same here ! Backup is Montana this year

Comment

Well Montana results out. At least drew Montana. Waiting on New Mexico. Chances are slim but if I draw it’s gonna be a wild September

Comment

Wish everyone the best in the draws but in case ppl do not draw and have a group looking for a private land DIY elk hunt in Chama New Mexico for the first bowseason. Hit me up my landowner had one open up. It is listed in the classifieds as well.

Comment

Any of y'all going to CO this fall for an OTC Archery hunt? We have a group heading that way in early Archery before the Muzzleloaders start bumping around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
              Any of y'all going to CO this fall for an OTC Archery hunt? We have a group heading that way in early Archery before the Muzzleloaders start bumping around.
              If my new grandson gets here in time I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                We're planning on it. Either the 5-11th or the 19-25th depending on the NM draw. We will be scouting a couple of units this summer. First ever elk hunt early archery in 81 in 2019. Called in and missed a raghorn bull. Only elk we saw the whole trip. Lot of bear, LOTS of hunters, even deep. Son was born in September last year, so didn't go. Found good bulls local though.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Colorado OTC is on my radar assuming I don't draw WY (it'd have to be random draw, not enough points to guarantee) but I'd need to join a group as my hunting partners aren't on board with CO.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Colorado OTC is on my radar assuming I don't draw WY (it'd have to be random draw, not enough points to guarantee) but I'd need to join a group as my hunting partners aren't on board with CO.
                    I have a group going. Looking to hunt 2nd full week of sept.

We are a mixed lot of first timers and vets....but killers everyone so there will meat hauls lol

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      I have a group going. Looking to hunt 2nd full week of sept.

We are a mixed lot of first timers and vets....but killers everyone so there will meat hauls lol
                      Yall accepting applications? I'm low maintenance lol.

Comment

I'm genuinely curious what takes these states so long to process results

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Yall accepting applications? I'm low maintenance lol.
                          Hahha. You bet.

Ill shoot ya my cell so you can stay in the loop with where we are

Comment

That would be nice! I thought website said the 28th

Comment

Any groups going to Colorado for DIY archery Elk in Sept. I can join?

I've never been but I am well geared up and ruck hike in the hills very often.

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
                                That would be nice! I thought website said the 28th

They always release them early. Usually the wed before the reported date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X