No announcement yet.

Zero turn mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote here for Scag! I have a Liberty Z and love it. Have had it for almost 5 years and still going strong!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      Just go do it right up front and get a Scag Cheetah. I’ve played to the mower game for years and finally just bit the bullet this year. Should have done it a long time ago.

By once, cry once.

You don’t see any lawn crews running Hustlers and Gravely......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work for one of the largest landscape companies in the country. And here in Houston, we run several Hustlers among just about every brand at one time or another. The Hustler seems to be the one that lasts the longest and our hands can’t or haven’t yet destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        I love my Ferris IS2100Z. If you want comfort, it is the Cadillac.
        Unless your lawn is as smooth as concrete, you will not find a better ride than a ferris! My is2100z has a Briggs Vanguard on it and it has no struggles.

Comment

alot depends what your mowing and how much you want to pay.
          All the mowers mentioned above are good quality, I've had a hustler 42" and only problems I've had were self afflicted abuse. I only mow 3/4 acre around the house and its been ok for 7 years. At the time I paid 2800 for the mower.
          My neighbor bought a 54" club cadet for about the same price and had it about the same amount of time with no issues. So if it did trash, maybe I could go buy anther new one for another 2800 versus spending the 5000+ upfront for a nicer mower ?

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Hustler.

Comment

I'm going on my 5th spring with my Hustler raptor 52 with a kawasaki 23hp and its been an amazing mower still has the original battery even lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                I'm going on my 5th spring with my Hustler raptor 52 with a kawasaki 23hp and its been an amazing mower still has the original battery even lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                Pretty much where I'm at with mine

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Zero turn mowers

Whatever dealer is close by and has a good service team. Hustler, Scag, ExMark, Grasshopper etc... all good mowers but a good dealer is harder to come by.

Also checkout shaft driven vs belt driven. Really on makes a difference when mowing really thick stuff but something to consider.

Last edited by TA_Fab; 01-24-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                    Unless your lawn is as smooth as concrete, you will not find a better ride than a ferris! My is2100z has a Briggs Vanguard on it and it has no struggles.
                    I used mine as a brush hog on a bunch of limbs after the snow. Never struggled lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
                      Same here.

I got a Hustler Raptor SDX 60" with kawasaki, have about 80 hours on it, no issues whatsoever, added lights to it, might add the Flex Forks on the front to smooth it out a bit. The upgraded seat is well worth it.

Use it at home and knock out about 2 acres in about 2 hours.
                      x2

Comment

Mower

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post
                        Looking towards making a purchase of a zero turn mower. Looking into a 54”(ish) size deck, and wanting to stay with a Kawasaki engine. Leaning towards a Hustler right now, but what does the green screen say?

EXMark no.1 in seller and don't look back. I have Kaw engine on mine. I cut lawns for a living also.

Comment

Anything with a Kawasaki engine and a fabricated deck and you will be good. While I am a scag fanboy and run a V-ride 48. I’d go with whatever dealer is closer and offers better service after the sale. Ease of maintenance is also something to look at as well.

Comment

41 replies with recommendations and not one person asked how big his yard is or its terrain. Where I'm from, you match the tool to the job.

I've been mowing my 1/2- acre yard with a few elevation changes with a Hustler Raptor SD for 4 seasons. Yard is a mix of bermuda and weeds. The mower performs very well and no major repairs needed. Just keep it full of oil and gas. The only bad thing I can say is the underside of the deck collects grass big-time. I have read this is a problem for all of the Hustler models. I repainted the deck last year which helped but I just keep a pair of car ramps handy and drive the mower onto them after mowing. Grab the scraper and hose and go to work cleaning for 15 minutes.

Comment

I have been looking at mowers over the last year for a replacement of a cub cadet I bought in 2009 with a Kawasaki engine. At the time I wasn’t familiar with zero turns and I wouldn’t have bought the cub cadet. It was a decent price and my present home site was just a weekend home at the time. Yard was 5 acres. It has been have pulley and belt problems the last coupe of summers but hey it’s last 12 summers. Also the dealer I bought it at takes a couple of weeks to get it back they are slow.
                              1. From reading on tbh on zturns for the money and quality the Hustler seems to come out on top imo.
                              2. If you will be taking it to be serviced by from a local dealer familiar with your product.

Comment

We looked for a year at them and settled on a Gravely. We mow about an acre an 1/2. Couple guys on FD bought them and mow more than we do as well as the cemetery out front of the station.

Comment

Working...
                                X