Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My brother, a 24 year military veteran needs the power of the TBH Prayer warriors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother, a 24 year military veteran needs the power of the TBH Prayer warriors....

My friends....I come to you asking for prayers for my middle brother, Jeremy... The power of the TBH prayers warriors has come through many times and I hope for the same here. As I have posted in here before, in several military related threads, Jeremy is a 24 year military veteran and he did two tours in Iraq. He retired, went to work in the civilian world and had been enjoying living the civilian life, when life served him up the toughest battle of his life.

As many of y'all have seen a few weeks ago, I started a TBH PSA thread on getting your colonoscopies done if you were due or have some family history. I have been on several of my buddies and TBHers after having my own done and "fears of the prep" squashed. However, the main reason for my starting it was that some of our worst fears as a family came to pass and are no confirmed. About a month ago, Jeremy (age 50) started experiencing bouts of stomach pain, and through a diagnostic colonoscopy the large mass was found. Subsequent scans showed that it had also spread to his liver and he has some abnormal lymph nodes. He recently underwent a successful colectomy to remove the mass and part of his colon as well as biopsy anything they needed.. It was not an easy surgery. Due to the mass' location and subsequent complications, the doctors could not use the laparoscopic technique. He has a nice set of stitches from his sternum to his waistline now. The recovery has been difficult due to the invasiveness of the surgery, but he is working hard to regain his strength to begin the next step of his fight. After speaking with his oncologist, he has been listed at Stage 4 and will be going through chemotherapy treatments at MD Anderson in Houston. He will also be having additional surgeries on his liver to remove the cancer spots. This will all be followed up by further treatments of chemotherapy to hopefully KCA. The whole initial battle is estimated to take the better part of a year.

We as a family ask the prayers warriors to do their thing here as it has been successful so many times before......and with Mary and Michael's permission, I am going to add a gofundme link below created to help him and his new wife to ease the burden of this battle with additional medical costs, travel, hotel and time away from work. This is his story... please pray, share, donate ....whatever you can do to help him in his fight. God Bless you all and thank you from the Smart family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jeremy-a-24-year-military-vet-fight-cancer?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&ut m_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6807.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	25263123

Name:	IMG_6810.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	25263124

Name:	IMG_6826.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	25263125

Name:	IMG_6816.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	25263126

Name:	IMG_6827.jpg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	25263127

Name:	IMG_6821.jpg
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	25263128

Name:	IMG_6819.jpg
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	25263133

Name:	IMG_6808.JPG
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	25263134

Name:	IMG_6812.JPG
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	25263129

Name:	IMG_6820.jpg
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	25263130

Name:	60190297_10219632655913519_8766750273793163264_n.jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	25263131

Name:	12718105_10209563374427775_1805780957562662858_n.jpg
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	25263132

Prayers sent for Jeremy and your entire family. I'm not that far away from ya if you need anything.

Comment

I’ll be praying for him and yalls whole family, Smart!!

Comment

Prayers sent up!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers up for all

Comment

Will do sir!! Thank him for his service, and prayers for this new battle he will be involved in. He has Him on his side to lead him through. God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Just sent one up for him. KCA Jeremy!

Comment

Hate hearing that Jason and know the feeling well of a very close family member going through cancer. I've been running back and forth with my wife to Houston all summer long with surgeries with her cancer and still am. Prayers on the way up for your brother and tell him I said thank you for his service!

Comment

Prayers up sir

Comment

Dang man, I sure hate seeing this. Prayers up for him and the whole family and doctors. May God bless you all.

Comment

Donated and prayers sent for Jeremy.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up for him, his family, and his care givers!

Tell him thanks for the service.
                              Last edited by doghouse; 10-12-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X