Pulsar Thermion XM30 on AR Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulsar Thermion XM30 on AR Pistol

Has anyone mounted a Pulsar Thermion or similar model in size/length scopes on a 10.5" barrel AR Pistol? is it doable and practical?

Anyone got any pictures?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ATI; 09-14-2021, 06:51 AM.

Seems doable but would think 100 yards might be your limit on distance. Doable but would not be my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
      Seems doable but would think 100 yards might be your limit on distance. Doable but would not be my first choice.
      what's your first choice?

are you saying 100 yards max limit because of the scope magnification?

Comment

Distance was my first hesitation bc of barrel length. I have a Thermion XP50 on a 6.8 SPC 16" barrel or 223 18" barrel w/ suppressor. That said, i can group Quarter size shots all day with my 10.5" AR pistol @ 100 yards with day scope but just wouldn't be my first choice thermal if I have a coyote hung up at 200-250 yards with the ballistics of short barrel. Now all that said, jumping feeders for pigs or shots under 100 yards, i would feel confident and fine. But that's just me.
        Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-14-2021, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I use a 10.5 .350 Legend Pulsar XG50 for my 100yd fixed stand targets.
          Here’s two vids 40 yd Hog and 90 yd doe.
          You will be limited to under 100yds depending on caliber and shot placement is essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
            I use a 10.5 .350 Legend Pulsar XG50 for my 100yd fixed stand targets.
            Here’s two vids 40 yd Hog and 90 yd doe.
            You will be limited to under 100yds depending on caliber and shot placement is essential.

https://youtu.be/D6MW5TtuSng
            Most my shots are right at 80 to 100 yards.
            I also have a 16" barrel that I can use for longer distances, but was hoping to put the thermal scope and the silencer on the pistol permanently.

Comment

Necroscopy? you nerd!

Cool videos man, I have the same knife, but mine is sharp

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Understand the weight size issue. Just got onto a West Texas property that is massive and primarily spotting and stalking. My current systems do not suffice.
                Dang! Another excuse to get into another caliber or rebuild a system.

Comment

Working...
                X