• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another hell yeah kiddo thread.

I LOVE THESE THREADS!!

Good job dad

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done Dad! Congrats to your son. His mule deer is bigger than any I have ever taken, which is zero!

Comment

What a great outcome!

You are right, spending time out there is the special part. Getting to do so with your son was priceless. The deer was just the cherry on top.

Comment

Fantastic! Congrats to you and your son. He will never forget this trip. Excellent write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is really neat. I can't wait to take my kid hunting for the same type of memories. Congrats to your son!

Comment

Outstanding! Memories that will last a lifetime!

Comment

Excellent story! What a blessing! Congratulations to your son and the guide!

Comment

Had u been to big bend before and already have a lay of the land? How bad did you scratch up your truck on those narrow roads? Is the hunt by compartment or how were the hunters divided up?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    Had u been to big bend before and already have a lay of the land? How bad did you scratch up your truck on those narrow roads? Is the hunt by compartment or how were the hunters divided up?

Never been anywhere close to this area, there are 9 units with small buffer zones between each of them and they are drawn the first morning of the hunt so scouting is almost pointless but there were guys that came in the day before and checked things out, based on the map that was drawn for us and using OnX I suspect we had approximately 10,000 acres to hunt all by ourselves! Our unit only had a small road to our camp and one one other 4x4 trail that I was only willing to drive about a mile down before it narrowed to much for me to reasonably drive through so we just hiked and hiked and hiked some more, some of the other units had more hiking trails which is what we really wanted but ultimately it worked out! We could have switched units after not seeing anything for a day and a half but we would have to pack up camp so we decided to stay put, if you were staying in the bunkhouse or south Leyva camp you could change units without issues but I’m sure unit availability has to do with how many people show up

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                        Never been anywhere close to this area, there are 9 units with small buffer zones between each of them and they are drawn the first morning of the hunt so scouting is almost pointless but there were guys that came in the day before and checked things out, based on the map that was drawn for us and using OnX I suspect we had approximately 10,000 acres to hunt all by ourselves! Our unit only had a small road to our camp and one one other 4x4 trail that I was only willing to drive about a mile down before it narrowed to much for me to reasonably drive through so we just hiked and hiked and hiked some more, some of the other units had more hiking trails which is what we really wanted but ultimately it worked out! We could have switched units after not seeing anything for a day and a half but we would have to pack up camp so we decided to stay put, if you were staying in the bunkhouse or south Leyva camp you could change units without issues but I’m sure unit availability has to do with how many people show up

Thanks. I would love to do this hunt with my son. If we get drawn I will definitely be hitting you up for more details.

Comment

Congrats on a Great Hunt and Memory Maker

Comment

That is a great buck. Congratulations to both of y’all

Comment

Congratulations, a very nice buck and an outstanding hunting adventure with your son. Great pics you and your son have to remember this hunt you two made. Good luck on all your future hunts together.

Comment

How awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X