No announcement yet.

Lamar/Red River counties Hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t forget that I need pigs to help feed our homeless veterans.

Comment

Just now seeing this thread somehow. Nice to see the area getting some love and appreciation ha. Hope all of you guys have good luck this year!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Been gone the last 10 days, what I miss out there, and how much rain?

Comment

We ran up last weekend to fill feeders and check cameras. It is slowly starting to dry out, we have some mud holes that haven't dried up since September of last year. Got my dads ranger stuck twice in one of the "dried" holes, and had to winch it out. if it will ever totally dry out, I will take up the tractor to disc up some of the ruts, and try to get our trails cleaned up. We caught a few smaller pigs in the trap, and got a couple of boys their first kills!

Comment

Them boys done good, great job dad.

Comment

Anyone have any luck last weekend? Had to work and didn’t make it up. Going up Friday to fight the heat and mosquitos. Looks to be cooling down a little.

Comment

No luck at all this weekend. Animals were hammering feeders last weekend but acorns started falling this week and activity stopped. Had 3 different groups of hogs within 35yds of feeder Saturday afternoon and they never paid it any attention. Fed on pin oak acorns all evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Red River County Sunday Morning 10:22 Am

Comment

We are totally covered up with hogs this year, it's going to be a battle to knock them down. As typical, we also have very few bucks on camera right now. I have quite a few that made it to shed their antlers, and I am anxiously waiting for them to show up this fall. Even with feeder pens, the hogs are staying around enough to keep most of the deer away. I shot a single and a double, and missed another small hog opening morning. if we keep shooting every one we see, they will become a little more feeder shy... hopefully. I have a feeling my AR will be getting a workout this fall.

Comment

Hope my feeder pens are still up if the hogs are that bad. Might leave the bow in the case and do some population control.

Comment

pro tip.... look at radar before going to stand.

anyone else getting rained on this morning?

anyone seeing bucks in daytime yet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Seen a couple young bucks Saturday. Came into the feeder after the doe left. Anything worth shooting at our place is moving between 2-4 am.

Comment

Anyone seeing an increase in activity. Looking the be a good weekend. Hoping to take advantage of the cold weather this weekend.

Comment

Headed up on Friday, we will see if the cooler weather has them moving.

Comment

Working...
                                X