Acorns falling like rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorns falling like rain...

Just in the last couple of days the oaks in my backyard decided it was time to rid themselves of their acorns all at once - my patio/deck is covered with them. I guess that explains why we suddenly have so much corn piling up under the feeders at the lease. We turned the throwers down to 3 seconds for now - no use feeding all the non-game critters until the deer come back. Opening weekend will find me in an oak bottom along the creek, not staring at a barrel. They will be back in the corn eventually but as many oaks as we have it may be a while.

Didn't you start a thread about the rain on the dove opener? You are full of all kind of good news this hunting season..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Didn't you start a thread about the rain on the dove opener? You are full of all kind of good news this hunting season..
      haha...

Comment

Same story every year. We have a few stands in some good oak patches that seem to do better this time of year.

Comment

Where I hunt we have no oak trees, or any trees for that matter.

Comment

They were dropping like crazy in Concho County this weekend. A lot of deer sign underneath them. I ended up putting a tripod stand up by some oaks

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Oh one of the pleasures of hunting in STX, I do not miss the Acorns this time of year!!!

Little Green Devil Nuts!!!

Here comes the "Go hunt the Acorns" crowd!!

Comment

Go hunt the little green devil nuts. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Imagine that

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                    Oh one of the pleasures of hunting in STX, I do not miss the Acorns this time of year!!!

Little Green Devil Nuts!!!

Here comes the "Go hunt the Acorns" crowd!!
                    I do "Go hunt the acorns" every year

I just plant them as soon as i find them......

bill

Comment

Very few here at my house. 3 of my stands are in oak trees so that helps when hunting.

Comment

Acorns are falling here in Coryell Co. The deer are leaving some corn under the feeders.

Its that time of year.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

Not this early, come on Mother Nature

Comment

Here around my house trees are loaded and some have been dropping for weeks. They look perfectly fine.. but they are already 1/3 rotten and have worms.

Central Tx this weekend the live oaks were way less than normal and small. But we’re good inside

Comment

Seems a little early... knew it was coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X