Shingles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    There is the original shingles vaccine then they came up with an improved version a while back called shingrix that is supposed to offer a higher level of protection as I understand it.

This is correct. The Shingrix is a two shot series. One shot is taken. Then a waiting period of 4 weeks to 6 months before the second is taken. I haven't had a minor flair up since getting them 3 years ago.

Comment

I was able to sleep about seven hours last night! It was wonderful. However, I looked at my back and several of these lesions have run together, like a big whelp. And it’s starting to itch now.

Comment

Why not go to a doc in the box and get the anti viral going now? Or two days ago?

Comment

Hope they let up soon and you start feeling better. From my research, the newer vaccine has a much higher success rate for eliminating the outbreak. Might ask your doc if getting the newer med will increase your protection. And I agree that the previous shot you got helped reduce the severity of this outbreak.

Again, hope this passes soon.

Comment

I did call and most of the clinics are closed for the 4th. It’s not an emergency so not going to the e r.

Comment

Calamine will help the blisters, not the pain.

Comment

I had read that apple cider vinegar worked very well on blisters as well. No blisters yet.

Comment

After reading this thread I am pretty certain I have shingles.

I thought I had poison oak. I have a virtual doctors appointment since I am currently in Arkansas. The pain a itching are really too bad unless I get sweaty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got them at the beginning of the year and I’m in my mid 30s. Started off as lower back pain that was out of this world. Then a rash started around my lower back around my waistband and crept towards my junk. The rash then turned to blisters and was unbearable. I finally went to a doc in a box for lidocaine patches (didn’t work for me) and an antiviral. Wish I had gone in sooner as the antiviral really helped me turn the corner. I still have nerve damage and scaring in the area. From what I have been told it will only stay on one half of your body and this was true in my case as it didn’t cross my spine or go across my belly button. I’m not much on “vaccines” and have had covid 2Xs without any thought of getting the Covid “vaccine” but contemplating the shingrix as shingles was some of the worst pain I’ve ever had. YMMV and I don’t really care who gets a vaccine so not pushing anything. One thing I can say is watch your stress levels as I’m pretty sure that’s was the catalyst for my shingles.

Comment

I tried vinegar, didn't work for me.

Comment

I did the virtual doc since I am in another state and I have shingles. 40 years old, pain hasn’t been too bad, but isn’t great currently.

I have meds to take, hope they kick in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Why not go to a doc in the box and get the anti viral going now? Or two days ago?

The vaccine can not be administered while under an outbreak.

Comment

Sorry to hear, hope your better

God Bless
                            Bish

Comment

Friend of mine got the vaccine a couple of months ago and in a very short period had them.

Comment

Well I thought I was gonna be the exception but now these things have started to blister up. And yes mine started out as lower back pain. Literally thought I had injured my back at the gym the day before. Then I thought I was having kidney problems. The third day I told my wife “ now I know how it feels to die”. Six days in now and blisters are starting and feels like Mike Tyson worked my midsection over and Chuck Norris kicked me in the center of my back. Still got a sense of humor but this stuff suxx.

Comment

Working...
                                X