Leupold CDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
    To be more specific I entered all the information on their website based off the information I gathered from chrono, temp, etc. not taking any box information or guessing. Upon receiving the dial it would not perform as it was supposed to. Thinking it may be the scope I put the factory moa dial back on and dialed as normal and everything with the optic was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just give up on it or get with their customer service to see if there was a way to fix it?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Did you just give up on it or get with their customer service to see if there was a way to fix it?

Sierracharlie out…

It’s on my to do list. I’ve been upgrading glass anyway so it was relocated to a shelf and I’ll deal with it at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
        It’s on my to do list. I’ve been upgrading glass anyway so it was relocated to a shelf and I’ll deal with it at some point

I got ya

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have one on my 7mm-08 and it has worked well out to about 350yds. Haven’t tried it beyond that.

Comment

Seems like mixed results. For those of you who have not found it reliable, how reliable is your gun and load’s accuracy with it at zero before dialing it to an extended range?

Comment

They work great, and I mean that my wife first time she ever sat behind my rifle(.300 wm) vx-6 firedot ret. with the CDS turret had no issues banging steel every shot without missing (which impressed me) to 800 yds started at 100yds and just kept going. I would say it worked flawlessly...She also put the hammer to an aoudad at 550yds one dial and one shot I’d say it works great so long as you don’t change your load development.

Comment

I’ve got a vx5hd with the CDS and it’s been dead on

Comment

Leupold CDS

They are only as good as the information given. You have to know actual velocity, actual BC of your Bullet (usually verified by shooting at various distances) elevation and to a lesser extent atmospheric conditions.

I have a Kenton knob on a non CDS compatible scope that’s accurate to 800 so far. The other is on a VX6 that is accurate to 525 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just went with the MOA (too many variables between my home range and the places/elevation I’d be hunting) turret and learned my come ups and got a great ballistic software. It is awesome and a perfect set up for me.

Comment

My cds on my 2018 APR TBH 6 creed has been dead on out to 525. As far as I've shot. I probably wouldn't have paid for it as i am used to just using moa or mil dials and a dope card but it was free with my vx 5 so i got it. It is easy, no dope card to read.

We'll see. Verdict is still out on whether or not I'll keep it or switch back to the regular moa dial.

Comment

Man they have the market down to a T like that now??? Shoot it wont be long and we'll be able to rent a guy to come out and shoot a deer for us. LOL... That's crazy.

Comment

I called mine on for my VX-3 on a 6.5x55 and only took it out to 300 and seemed to work fine. Have a vx6-hd on a 308, but decided not to use it as I setup the gun for super and subsonic hunting (shoot horizontally the same just off vertically 8MOA at 100) so knowing the MOA is more important then a singular use cap for one and having to guess at the other when range varies.

Comment

A friend of mine swears by it.
                            Last edited by BlackHogDown; 12-30-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

But again it will only be accurate if you give them good info. Just like any ballistic calculator.

One thing i will say once you get out 5 to 600 plus. It only gives you 50 yd marks. It has a 5 (for 500) 5.5 (for 550) 6 (for 600) etc. So if you are at say 575 you are sorts guessing, you split the difference from 5.5 to 6. Closer it's acceptable but farther out when the bullet starts dropping faster one or 2 clicks off can make a big difference. 1/4 to 1/2 moa difference at 700 yds is pretty significant.

Comment

Working...
                              X