Leupold CDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold CDS

Has any sent their turret to Leupold and then tested it? If so, how well did this work?

Dont send it just enter code online with all your specs and one should arrive in 1-2 weeks

Comment

No personal experience but I have a close friend who swears by it. He’s a pretty knowledgeable guy so I trust his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
        Dont send it just enter code online with all your specs and one should arrive in 1-2 weeks
        What code do you send? I just got a 5HD and there wasn’t any voucher/coupon for a new turret.

Comment

I did it and it wasn’t very accurate. I know others that swear by it. For me I’d rather just know my dial and adjust accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
            I did it and it wasn’t very accurate. I know others that swear by it. For me I’d rather just know my dial and adjust accordingly

Can you expand on that with some details?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
              What code do you send? I just got a 5HD and there wasn’t any voucher/coupon for a new turret.

You use the scopes serial number.

Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) helps you easily compensate for bullet drop and make ultra-quick adjustments on the fly. We’ll customize your scope’s elevation dial to match your exact load, muzzle velocity, and environmental conditions for unprecedented precision.   Every CDS model scope is eligible for one free custom dial. Enter the serial number of the scope and your ballistics below to redeem your free dial. Additional custom dials can be purchased for $80.00 each. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.   Online ordering is for U.S. customers only. International orders should be placed through the authorized Leupold distributor for your specific country, which can be found on the international dealers' page.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Never been a fan of running a dial to a specific load. I'd strongly consider just sticking to the 1/4 moa dial and learning/verifying the drops for your load.

I do really like the Leupold CDS-ZL2 system.

The older VX6 (non-HD) with CAPPED turrets was the only 'CDS' I had an issue with-- it was not a functionality issue but an issue with Leupold-- I requested my free external CDS dial but ordered it strictly in 1/4 MOA and not specific to any load. The guy on the phone argued with me for a bit saying it was already 1/4 MOA, and just leave the cap off.

I didn't like that idea or the aesthetic and wanted my free dial so that is what I got-- looked great and functioned great.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Can you expand on that with some details?

Sierracharlie out…

It wasn’t repetitive.

Comment

It wasn’t repetitive.

lol ok.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I've ordered two and found both to be right on out to 500 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          lol ok.

Sierracharlie out…

To be more specific I entered all the information on their website based off the information I gathered from chrono, temp, etc. not taking any box information or guessing. Upon receiving the dial it would not perform as it was supposed to. Thinking it may be the scope I put the factory moa dial back on and dialed as normal and everything with the optic was fine.

Comment

I have been using CDS dials for a number of years, all of them made for a specific reload I have worked up for them.
                            My experience has been they are very accurate. Simple to use and as long as I know the distance, it is right on the money.

Comment

I had the same experience. I’m fairly certain that it’s user error. I did everything Leupold asked for the information. The only thing I kind of half assed was the optic height and I do believe that is what threw off the data.

Comment

Working...
                              X