Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    You people must have good vision. I still see a white square.
    Congrats on the deer man, and here it is dmack

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

There it is. Nice looking deer. Congrats.

Comment

Nice one!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Tim Congrats on a nice Buck, where did you say your property was?

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
            Tim Congrats on a nice Buck, where did you say your property was?
            Where I can go without dealing with the forest. LOL. After hunting the Sam for over 34 years it has been great having my own place in East Texas. I have taken many deer from the Sam but few have come easy. I am taking very few from the property so if I want another one it will be from the Sam. I did not get a doe permit again so I will have to hunt horns. Thanks for the congrats guys. I know how hard it is to take solid deer from the forest and y'all are doing a good job this year.

I guess I could say my property is close to Davey Crockett NF. I don't have another 30 years to figure that place out. I have had my property for just over a year now and I still don't know enough about it.

Good luck out there. It should be on right now for the Sam.

Comment

Shot trad bows with Tod today, definitely was a humbling experience but it was a ton of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                Shot trad bows with Tod today, definitely was a humbling experience but it was a ton of fun!

He has tried to trap me into that. I know my limits. I would have to practice my butt off before I go to Todd’s house.

Comment

He has tried to trap me into that. I know my limits. I would have to practice my butt off before I go to Todd’s house.
                  Lol it's still a ton of fun though[emoji23]. The bad shot there was from a 23yd shot, I got a little ahead of myself

Comment

Robert, you were shooting lights out after the first 5 minutes, so I think I was the one that was humbled! I've never seen anyone pick up a Trad bow and take to it so naturally! I was just amazed watching you stack arrow after arrow in the vitals. I'm pretty sure the fire has been lit and that won't be the last time you shoot a Longbow!

We really enjoyed the evening with you and Camille shooting bows and visiting! Y'all are welcome anytime!

That pic with you holding the limb with the arrow in it, cracks me up! I'm kinda surprised you posted it, but then again, I think that was the only arrow that ended up behind the target. That was some good shooting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Trap you into that? Pfffttt never know, you might be the next ASA Trad bow champion!
                      Besides, you don't have to divorce yourself from your Compound in order to enjoy shooting a Stickbow. I still shoot them both .

Last edited by TMiddleton; 11-07-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Tim, that a beautiful buck brother...congrats! And congrats on the Property! That would be a dream to own your own hunting property. Really cool!

I managed to hobble myself out on some private property and also nock down a descent deer with my bow. Not quit as good as yours, but I'm fat and happily eating backstraps!

Comment

Good to see you back up again Tod. It took me only a few hours last year to get an 8 from the forest. I probably won't be that lucky this year. It is usually every 3-4 years to get a decent buck. I may need to pull a D-mack and shoot a spike. They pack out a lot easier that those big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                            Robert, you were shooting lights out after the first 5 minutes, so I think I was the one that was humbled! I've never seen anyone pick up a Trad bow and take to it so naturally! I was just amazed watching you stack arrow after arrow in the vitals. I'm pretty sure the fire has been lit and that won't be the last time you shoot a Longbow!

We really enjoyed the evening with you and Camille shooting bows and visiting! Y'all are welcome anytime!

That pic with you holding the limb with the arrow in it, cracks me up! I'm kinda surprised you posted it, but then again, I think that was the only arrow that ended up behind the target. That was some good shooting!

Yes sir, that was a ton of fun and I'm definitely gonna keep trying it! And I like to own all my shots, even the misses. Plus who wouldn't want a picture with a Boone and Crockett stick like that? [emoji16]

Comment

Congrats nice buck Tim

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                                Good to see you back up again Tod. It took me only a few hours last year to get an 8 from the forest. I probably won't be that lucky this year. It is usually every 3-4 years to get a decent buck. I may need to pull a D-mack and shoot a spike. They pack out a lot easier that those big ones.

It is easier to pack them out. [emoji1783]

Comment

Working...
                                X