Another camper issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another camper issue.

If the camper sets in this heat without use, the holding tank builds pressure. I thought the tanks were vented.

Which holding tank? Black water, grey water or fresh?

Comment

Black water.

Comment

Mud Daubers are bad about getting in the vent stack on the roof. Take off the plumbing caps and either run a pipe down them or you can also do it with a water hose (just make sure the tank is open

Comment

Yikes...hopefully you didn’t figure this flushing after you used it.

Comment

How do you decompress the holding take without spraying **** all over the place in this scenario?

Currently buying our first travel trailer and am reading/watching videos but have no first hand experience.

Comment

When I remember i bump the foot lever a little to release the pressure when I walk in the room.

Comment

I would think if there is pressure you could bump the lever on the toilet to release it....I did not know those toilets sealed that well

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  How do you decompress the holding take without spraying **** all over the place in this scenario?

Currently buying our first travel trailer and am reading/watching videos but have no first hand experience.
                  I was wondering this also. I’m thinking you can just open up the drain and relieve the pressure, but I’m not sure on that.

I’m a first time camper buyer too, so I’m loving these threads about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

It is a vented system so there should never be any pressure. If the vent gets plugged the resulting smell in the camper will make you fix it STAT

Comment

Working...
                    X