Garner / Concan Floating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garner / Concan Floating

Is there enough water currently to float without a bunch of walking? If so where should we put in if staying at Parkview?

I planned to post up by the big hole and chill but some of the family is set on floating...

Newbies here....

Last week it was a 5 hour float from Frio Country crossing to Neals and river was at 55cfs. . It was not to bad of floating, with very little walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
      Last week it was a 5 hour float from Frio Country crossing to Neals and river was at 55cfs. . It was not to bad of floating, with very little walking.

I see Neal’s, is Frio County crossing where Old Leaky Rd/350 cross the river?

Comment

I think its 348 (river road). Coming into Concan from Sabinal on 127 , cross the river go past Neals and the post office. Hang a right at Andys(river rd). The first crossing is frio country. 20 bucks to park. Good place to put up a tent in the water to chill if water is too low to float.

Comment

you can put in at 1050 and float back to Parkview. My favorite float is River rd at frio country to Neals.

Best place to sit and have colossal amounts of beer is the northern cross river road(3rd crossing), south side. In the afternoon theres some good shade and you can sit there till dark or after and the beer tastes better under the stars...…...err so Ive heard

yall will have a blast and I wish we could tag along

Comment

We are across the river, at Garner. We had to walk some but it’s that time of the year and the river is lower. Earlier in the week we were upstream and the water was warm, we then when to rock beach and the water is much cooler. Bring a fan if you sit outside. It’s been hot and little to no breeze. Have fun !!

Comment

For a good float on the Frio with low water, go to Happy Hollow and have them take you to lower 1120 and float back to Happy Hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                We are across the river, at Garner. We had to walk some but it’s that time of the year and the river is lower. Earlier in the week we were upstream and the water was warm, we then when to rock beach and the water is much cooler. Bring a fan if you sit outside. It’s been hot and little to no breeze. Have fun !!

If y’all make it across the river come say Hi, we are in #5 with the American flag out front.

Comment

Thanks for the invite. Sadly we have to say no. We left this morning. One blowout before Llano and we limped on home.

Comment

Health warnings are being posted for almost all of the streams in this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post

For animals ingesting water

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                        Thanks for the invite. Sadly we have to say no. We left this morning. One blowout before Llano and we limped on home.

“Never give up! Never surrender! Did we throw in the towel when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?! Hail no!!!”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nothing can ruin a trip then a dern blowout. Hope y’all make it out there next go round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post

You're the kind of feller that stays under the porch most of time aren't ya....

Have a good time Brent! We went Memorial day weekend and the water was rocking!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            You're the kind of feller that stays under the porch most of time aren't ya....

Have a good time Brent! We went Memorial day weekend and the water was rocking!

No, actually I just got home from the hospital in SA. The nurses were talking about several people that were being treated with IV antibiotics for severe bacterial infections linked to the Frio

Comment

Looks like y'all are having fun! I miss our old Frio trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X