No announcement yet.

Toyota Land Cruiser, who has them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice cruiser Clark! Tan FJ60’s are the best!

Bought mine in 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also previously had a 1999 (100 series). Great truck as well. Similar to the 2000 year model but the 98-99 models had an optional electronic rear diff locker.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        Sounds like you know a lot about them. Can you tell me the difference with the 80 and 100 series? What makes the 80 so good? I have a button that does the locking right under the hazard button. A friend of mine told me that is a something that many people want. Do you know if that is true?
        The 80 series was the last LC with a solid front axle, which is considered better offroad.

I have had Land Cruiser for over 20 years.
        1974 FJ40
        1973 FJ40
        1997 80 series
        2000 100 series still own with 265000 miles
        2009 200 series with 150k miles..current daily driver.
        They are to most durable well built vehicles I have ever owned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 1973 FJ40. Frame off restoration. Then I sold it like a dumb a**Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP8795 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	24588563

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post
            Nice cruiser Clark! Tan FJ60’s are the best!

Bought mine in 2007.

This model is my favorite of all the different models over the years

Comment

Sounds like you know a lot about them. Can you tell me the difference with the 80 and 100 series? What makes the 80 so good? I have a button that does the locking right under the hazard button. A friend of mine told me that is a something that many people want. Do you know if that is true?

That’s the transfer case locker. All the 80 series have that. The unicorns were the ones that had front and rear differential lockers from the factory.

Comment

I love those trucks.

Comment

Others have filled you in as I am so late to respond.
                  The button you have is a "center" diff lock. The thing that people seek is the front & rear lockers that some 80 series came with.
                  The 80 was the last solid axle LC. The gas engines are dependable but the diesels are unstoppable (never marketed in the US but can be found).

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    The button you have is a "center" diff lock. The thing that people seek is the front & rear lockers that some 80 series came with.
                    The 80 was the last solid axle LC. The gas engines are dependable but the diesels are unstoppable (never marketed in the US but can be found).
                    I have never been a "car" guy so it is always amazing to me how you guys know so much about cars. Thanks for the information. I am extremely happy that i bought the car. Tomorrow will be 1 week and the more I drive it the more I love it. Really the main reason is the fact that it is almost 20 years old and is pretty much brand new, although 19 year old brand new.

The engine is extremely reliable according to the post I have read on IH8mud.

I am not going to do it but how much does a paint job cost?

Comment

I have never been a "car" guy so it is always amazing to me how you guys know so much about cars. Thanks for the information. I am extremely happy that i bought the car. Tomorrow will be 1 week and the more I drive it the more I love it. Really the main reason is the fact that it is almost 20 years old and is pretty much brand new, although 19 year old brand new.

The engine is extremely reliable according to the post I have read on IH8mud.

I am not going to do it but how much does a paint job cost?
                      I did a desert tan bed liner over my whole 80. I used it off road a lot so I wanted something that was immune to scratches. I spent $250 on materials & did it myself. A quality paint job would probably start around $3,500 & go up from there.

Comment

Hey OP, let’s see a picture of her.

Comment

ive always liked them..Toyotas run for ever! but isn't maintenance and parts expensive?

Comment

How are the Lexus GX 460s? they seem similar.. maybe the LX is more related to the Toyota

Comment

The GX 460 is sold as a Landcruiser Prado overseas. Otherwise known as a 150 series Land Cruiser. The OP has a 100 series Landcruiser and the new ones are 200 series Landcruisers. They are a solid rig.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                                I'm on a facebook page for landcrusiers that's 90% international... these dudes with their 80 series turbo diesels just kill me.

Comment

Working...
                                X