No announcement yet.

2019 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My garden is growing great. Tomatoes and tomatillos are already over 4’ y’all, cucumbers are growing fast, but nothing is putting on fruit except the peppers. Parent’s garden is half the growth and max production right now. What’s the deal? Is there a fertilizer that promotes blooming or production? Have had a great garden in same spot for years. I fertilized this winter with compost and quail poo.... not much though.

Any ideas???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
      My garden is growing great. Tomatoes and tomatillos are already over 4’ y’all, cucumbers are growing fast, but nothing is putting on fruit except the peppers. Parent’s garden is half the growth and max production right now. What’s the deal? Is there a fertilizer that promotes blooming or production? Have had a great garden in same spot for years. I fertilized this winter with compost and quail poo.... not much though.

Any ideas???

The nitrogen form the quail poop will promote green growth, so that’s probably why they are so big.
      I’ve heard epsom salt will help tomato’s and peppers produce more and bigger fruit. This is the first year I’m trying it and just applied some yesterday, so no first hand experience yet.

Comment

Well it ain't much, but we got a garden planted finally... Should have a few maters n purple hull peas and some squash... Got my fingers crossed that the peppers will make...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8630.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	24580320

Comment

My garden cannot catch a break from hail. This is where it is at now.

Comment

Any idea what this is? I didnt plant it, it jut came up so ive been watering and fertilizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like a cantaloupe or watermellon.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Looks like a cantaloupe or watermellon.

Was hoping you would say squash! Haha

Comment

It might be some variety of squash/zucchini too. Is it real viney or more of a large plant but not so much of a vine? If it has long runners/vines, it's not a squash/zucchini. It would be a cantaloupe, watermelon, or cucumber or even a gourd of some kind.

Comment

2019 Gardening thread

It might be some variety of squash/zucchini too. Is it real viney or more of a large plant but not so much of a vine? If it has long runners/vines, it's not a squash/zucchini. It would be a cantaloupe, watermelon, or cucumber or even a gourd of some kind.

No vines. Its a plant. Goes straight up. It is spreading like crazy though if that makes a difference.

Comment

Well use the old googler for images of squash and zucchini and see how it compares...

Comment

Looks like squash

Comment

14 half-pints put up yesterday of home-grown plum/habanero/cayenne jelly.

Comment

Well use the old googler for images of squash and zucchini and see how it compares...

Looks like some sort of squash or possibly zucchini. Time will tell I reckon...

Comment

I am finally getting enough out of my garden to post. The hail kept beating it down early and it took awhile to catch back up.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                                Looks like some sort of squash or possibly zucchini. Time will tell I reckon...

So what was it?

Comment

Working...
                                X