No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far in was the tripod? Not sure how someone could get that in there without a vehicle. Guess they could have taken it piece by piece. I wouldn't report until end of season unless I see something dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not sure either.

On another note, saw this guy trying to act like a floating stick. But I didnt fall for his games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinking this upcoming weather should fire up the bucks

Comment

Ok, everybody tell me EXACTLY where you're going so I can make sure to avoid your spot! Especially if you've seen deer this year! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same dilemma...2 spots I scouted deep in the woods had pre-existing hanging stands already there...1 looked like last year's set....another was this year with a cable lock and cell cam.

I left a note and phone number at the older set...might hold a contact card in front of the cell cam.

Both sets have good sign in the area, and I intend to hunt it.

If I call it in - the area will get scented up worse.

Comment

Totally your discretion. I'd hunt the 1st one if you don't get a call back and hunt right in front of the second one with the camera if you are the first one there.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                I have the same dilemma...2 spots I scouted deep in the woods had pre-existing hanging stands already there...1 looked like last year's set....another was this year with a cable lock and cell cam.

I left a note and phone number at the older set...might hold a contact card in front of the cell cam.

Both sets have good sign in the area, and I intend to hunt it.

If I call it in - the area will get scented up worse.
                There is no claiming spots on public land, period! If they left their stand up, it's illegally there and you should either hunt right frickin in it, hang your stand in the same tree, or tree right next to it. If there's a cam there, who cares. It should be whoever gets there first and if they don't have a backup plan or backup spots, it's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  There is no claiming spots on public land, period! If they left their stand up, it's illegally there and you should either hunt right frickin in it, hang your stand in the same tree, or tree right next to it. If there's a cam there, who cares. It should be whoever gets there first and if they don't have a backup plan or backup spots, it's on them.
                  Like I said - I'm going to hunt it! But if I bother toting all the gear back there in my mind it's best to head off a situation that ruins the hunt. If I connect with the guy there's a good chance he pulls the stand and starts following the time rule....and maybe I meet a good dude who knows how to pick a hunting spot. Years ago I would have torn down the set and maybe put some unmentionable images on his SD card without hesitation! I have a different perspective now!

Comment

What type of deer is everyone hunting for? First legal deer within range to put meat in the freezer or waiting for the trophy? Respect both options just interested to hear from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiewelch View Post
                      What type of deer is everyone hunting for? First legal deer within range to put meat in the freezer or waiting for the trophy? Respect both options just interested to hear from others.
                      I feel like we have an obligation to hunt hard at the vine since it's a lottery and judging from last year's report the deer might need to be thinned out a bit, only 14 total I think it was, but I will be happy with a mature buck and a mature doe either way.

I would have filled that doe tag yesterday if she had crossed in front of me instead of 10ft behind me in thick cover. Fat block head and big body doe.

Comment

Somebody not find a spike? I found one leaned up against a tree. Shot Sunday some time. The coyotes have only pulled a little hair off the exit wound Monday morning.

Comment

I hit a mature buck this morning at 9:00. It’s a liver hit and tracked blood for 45 yards and I’m color blind. If anybody is out here or is free I’ll will take the help. Arrow is covered good, and with rain heading this way I’m worried.

Robert. 817-201-4375

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
                            I hit a mature buck this morning at 9:00. It’s a liver hit and tracked blood for 45 yards and I’m color blind. If anybody is out here or is free I’ll will take the help. Arrow is covered good, and with rain heading this way I’m worried.

Robert. 817-201-4375
                            Look at the message above from THETEXAN he has a dog, send him a PM

Comment

If you think it's liver, you need to wait before you go look anymore, don't want to push him if he's bedded down, could honestly take all day for him to expire

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post

Robert. 817-201-4375
                                Been a few hours… any update? Good luck finding him.

Comment

Working...
                                X